GH: December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I do think he tries, though killing off Duke and AJ sure as hell missed the mark.  However, I can think of a few things that he has done that support my viewpoint.  First, FH returned as Anna full-time under his watch.  The GH 52nd Anniversary episode featured then-current cast members playing Steve, Jessie, and Phil.  I doubt that ever would have happened with anyone else at the helm.  Also, both the hospital set and the Quartermaine mansion set are chock full of pictures of long departed cast members who will never return.  I appreciate the touches.  I know the GH that I used to love cannot come back because there isn't enough money to do that.  The one thing that they can fix, though, is to fix the issue of having a moral center on the show that is worthy of the office.  I don't mind Sonny on the canvas as a character, but, it seems to me that they are trying to prop him up in that role, and that will never work, at least not for me.  That is just as objectionable in my book as killing off AJ and Duke.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching Thursday and lawd at the Franco/Liz engagement (Howarth's tics are so awful) and lawd at Sam asking Jason to help Drew. She has some big nerve. And if I were a Jason/Sam fan (thank God I'm not) I'd be SO insulted so far.

It's really sad to me that Liz is wasted on Franco like this.

The Maxie/Lulu/Nelle stuff was lame-o. Should have been so much better than it was. How many times are the writers going to have Nelle do a bad thing, have Michael frown and glare, forgive her, etc. Zzzzzz

It was awful and so lame. I agree Guza's version of these two would have chewed her up and spit her out. But then Nelle would be doing a lot more terrible things and not have some secret of the week. These scenes should have been so much better.

EDIT: LMAO. So Liz tells Stanco that her break is over but she has time to sit around and chat with Kim over coffee? Lawd

• Members

UGH. Why am I torturing myself?

Onto Friday. Britt looks good. LMAO at Nelle telling Michael she's knocked up. So naturally she'll steal Maxie's kid in 9 months. Hence her wanting to work at the daycare. Hence new doctor Kim Nero. Who, gee, delivers babies ...

• Members

Pregnant, devious Nelle taunting Sonny and Carly is delicious! Nina and Lulu co-mothering Charlotte and not being at each other’s throats is refreshing.  Britt brought out a side of Nathan I really liked, he doesn’t seem as wooden.  Anna and Hammy Finn are a good match.  I am very pleased with the direction of the show, and Chris Van Etten as co-HW is like a shot in the arm.

• Members

Ha! I don’t know whether to be offended or amused.  I’ve just been enjoying the show lately, especially today’s episode.  Granted, I posted before I saw the previews for tomorrow, and when I saw Julian, I immediately wondered if I should go back and edit my post.

• Members

On a positive note, Genie Francis looked great. She and Emme Rylan looked like they were happy. They gave off a real nice mother/daughter vibe.

I also think Anna and Finn work well together.

Great performance by Anthony Montgomery.

• Members

Same here...what does LW have on the tptb?

Only positive about the Nelle character is that she gets under Carly's skin.  Of course, shes doing to michael what carly did to Tony/AJ/Bobbie so many years ago.  Wish a better written character was around.

From watching the show, there are some parts that work..and some parts that need work.  It's a step up so I guess without Piss ant..it can only get better.

Now let's just focus more on the hospital please.

• Members

I forced myself to watch seven consecutive episodes beginning with Nov 28 Monday. Wow is this show worse that when I last checked in over a year ago.  I'm sorry but Chris Van Etten as co-headwriter seems to have brought the show to a new lower, juvenile level (but hell, maybe the ratings will go up).  So much to critique I don't know where to begin. Oh Yes, Frank Valentini needs a sabbatical.  He's burned out.  And, yes, Varni needs to be fired along with the head writers. The show needs a complete overhaul.  They are trying to operate on a shoe string budget but filling the episodes with recurring players and once a week appearances of the vets and contract players.  The Andre twist was painfully cartoonish. There are so many sub par actors on the show right now. Actor playing Valentine looks sickly and tries to convey the story through bugged out eyes.  Stafford has never fit in, her stories never worked and she should go.  Roger/Franco is totally played out.  Nurse Amy has got to be one of the worst characters the show has introduced in the last few years, and her story was equally bad.  Steve Burton's face doesn't move.  On the bright side: Leslie Charleston looks great with the revised plastic surgery. The actor playing Griff finally has an attractive haircut and his acting has improved.  Kristen Storms looks recovered. Vinessa can finally act but she's wasted; YR should bring her on as Hillary's fraternal twin.  Wow that would be fun.  Tamara Braun is divine and the character has potential, but get rid of the actors playing Oscar and Joss...terrible.  But the show is a depressing shadow of its former glory (monty). Install Jenn Pepperman or Shelly Curtis as EP; replace the head writers, and send the following characters to a deserted Cassadine island:  Amy, Franco, Nina, Valentine, Oscar, Joss, Nathan, Maxie, Lulu (can't stand this actress in this part). 

• Members

She stayed and she's a team player.  They would be crazy to recast unless they are forced.  Not that she's ever been old school Carly to me. First of all her look is entirely different and she doesn't have the vulnerability that Sarah did.  Oh well, things change and I don't think even Sarah could credibly retake the role now. As far as I'm concerned it's Laura's role and has been for years.

Archived