GH: December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Curious to see the fall out of the Jason story. Is BM’s contract close to ending? The Tale of Two Todd’s ended waaaay too soon after the Victor/Todd reveal so I’d actually like to see what PC will be like with both men and their kids in town.

• Members

Interesting news. ABC is prepping an Alec Baldwin talk show. Not sure where it'll fit in their schedule given Kimmel's firm placement at 11:35 pm, and I doubt they'll give someone as high-profile as AB the Seth Meyers/James Corden graveyard slot where Nightline currently sits.

Just something to keep an eye on.

• Members

Good LAWD Drew and Sam are having literally the same conversation every day. He pouts, she builds him up and reassures him, they suck face, wash rinse and repeat. Zzzzzzzzzzz. PLEASE cut their eppy guarantees so we're spared this filler garbage.

Nice to see what little of the Q's are left and Alexis in their orbit is a nice change. Monica vs. Olivia is sort of fun but it all feels so sad because everyone's dead.

• Members

Yep, she has.

I'm STILL salty over Ron killing off Duke and AJ after bringing them back from the dead.

I think they could have brought Alan and Emily back too but I don't know if Damon's health warranted it back when Ron was writing. (Hell, I'd look the other way if Ron had resurrected Georgie too -- soaps have shown they can find any way to bring someone back so why not? lol -- but the time has passed to me for all three). Though Emily would of had to have been recast. Livingston was painful to watch.

Such a shame the Q's are all dead. It was just such a mistake to fire Stuart Damon and kill Alan. If his health is still OK, I wish he were still on the show. His absence really feels glaring to me. The show could use his presence. Scotty Baldwin as the oldest male vet doesn't exactly scream "show patriarch"

At least Jimmy Lee and Skye got a mention yesterday (even though I liked Skye on GH and in the Q's orbit, she'll always be Adam Chandler's daughter to me and I wish she had gone back to AMC at the time instead of OLTL/GH, even though I liked her on both, mostly because Robin Christopher can act the hell out of anything). I just have to lol because in 1999-2002 (give or take) you had Skye on GH and Anna (Alex) on AMC when looking back I wish Anna had been on GH and Skye had been on AMC.

• Members

It really is crazy to see how gutted the Q’s are now. I’m not sure why the writers over the years decided they wanted to decimate the family but it was stupid. I’m glad Michael is still involved with the Quartermaines but he never should’ve forgiven Sonny for killing AJ.

• Members

Think about which producer and writer were in charge when both Emily and Alan got killed off:  Phelps/Guza, Jr.  Phelps was always one to push for spectacular, explosive drama for short-term ratings spikes without any regard for the future of any show she helmed.  History has proven that over and over with her.  I know some people have said here, especially when Passanante was co-HW that they wouldn't mind seeing Guza, Jr. return as HW  Based on the damaging material he wrote, I could never understand that logic.

While I do not have an ounce of proof to back up my opinion about this, I think Valentini/Carlivati killed AJ off to get even with Sean Kanan for publicly criticizing the show's writing in the press.  Say what you want about Valentini, I think he does try to honor a show's history, but even he might have gotten involved in the Carlivati/Kanan snark war and possibly, Valentini/Carlivati decided to kill the character of AJ off with no possibility of return to one up SK.  Well, if my theory is true, how well did that work out for both of them?

• Members

All the candles in the world  cannot cover the stench that is Franko. The character's only happy ending should be falling off the footbridge or the docks, never to return.

Guza and Phelps ridding us of contract characters the audience loved for shock, awe, and their budget was both shortsighted and stupid. Killing off Georgie and Emily, two characters so tied to the canvas, AND SO YOUNG for storyline??? purposes.  LL was very talented, and she, along with Scott Clifton's Dillon, Lulu, Logan (another wasted legacy Baldwin), Maxie, they could have carried the teen/twenties set for years.

Killing off Alan, Justus, AJ, three men that could have thrived on the canvas also dropped by Guza/JFP.  The Quartermaines had for years been the center of storyline-- And were the faces most viewers looked forward to seeing. For the longest time they dwindled. 

I enjoyed the Monica/Olivia scenes because they had conflict. Not real conflict, but the type of bickering conflict we used to have on a daily basis.

When was Jimmy Lee written out of the will? I don't recall that being discussed before.

Nice to see Nasty Nelle found out . 

• Members

I have been saying the same thing about that mid 2000’s set of young characters for years!  The show would have had a much stronger foundation.

Guza didn’t like the Quartermaines, and I think the only reason they survived at all during the later half of his tenure was because Tony wanted to work with Jane.  And even then, that was the story.  Not something really about that family.  Jason or Luke was the focus.

• Members

Kanan didn't trash the show until he was told there was nothing left for AJ by Frank.  Then Sean talked about the ridiculous SLs he'd been handed...Relish, panic attacks, etc.  

As for Frank caring about the history?  How?  They resurrected AJ and Duke only to kill them again.  The only time Frank "honors" GH history, is when he's trying to tie a pet/newbie to it.  He has no respect for the show or its history and uses it as a vehicle to keep OLTL alive.  How could anyone respecting GH's history have all of these new characters in such a short period of time?  Loathe him for what he's done to the show!  

• Members

While I'm glad they didn't drag out the Jason/Drew reveal I'm irked by the story. Who did Robin revive at Crichton Clark, has to be Drew, right? Because he was the guy hit by the car and needed a new face. Yet, Robin has no reaction to the news that it wasn't Jason. Where is the follow up to that story line from Robin? I guess Drew was also shot or did Robin not notice there was no new wound?

No one really has a normal reaction to the news. I'd be all like....WTF?! How is that possible? This is science fiction....aaaahhh!! Who wouldn't freak out?

Also, Sam just accepting Drew as her husband when she has a long history with Jason is dumb. I get that he's safer than Jason due to the mob ties, but she married him again because she thought he was Jason! I don't care that they have a kid together, the women on this show have multiple baby daddies and it never seemed to be a reason to stay together. Pft.

Archived