Franko

Shortest Wait Between Roles?

Larkin Malloy most likely wins this crown*. The Edge of Night ended Friday, Dec. 28, 1984. On Monday, Dec. 31, his first scenes on Guiding Light aired.

*Who knows, maybe there were under-fives that went from one studio to another back during the live era?

Anyway, who else has examples of actors that weren't out of work for longer than, oh, six months?

4 minutes ago, Cheap21 said:

Anyone thats left Days and turned up on another show months before their exit due to the fact that the show films 6 months in advance

:lol: So true!

25 minutes ago, Cheap21 said:

Anyone thats left Days and turned up on another show months before their exit due to the fact that the show films 6 months in advance

lmao2.gif

Good topic!

I have read that Don Hastings moved from Edge of Night (as Jack Lane)to ATWT (as Bob Hughes) in the same week in 1960.

Patty Weaver went from Days as Trish in Aug 82 to Y&R as Gina by October 82.

George Reinholt and Jacquie Courtney went from AW in 1975 to OLTL in a matter of months.

Edited by Paul Raven

40 minutes ago, juppiter said:

Wasn't there a lawsuit regarding Jensen Buchanan showing up on GH while she was still on another show?

Yes she was on atwt as ghost Vicky and P&G sued ABC

If I'm not mistaken, Marcy Walker's final All My Children appearance of the 1980s was on September 17, 1984.  On September 28, 1984, Marcy appeared on Santa Barbara for the first time.

A couple more from AWHP:

Sharon Gabet from Raven to Brittany (2.5 months)

Joanna Going from Evie to Lisa (1 month)

David Forsyth from Hogan to John (3.5 months)

(I see there's a whole section on other soap roles. Maybe for a rainy afternoon.)

46 minutes ago, BingCherry said:

Linda Dano's first scenes back on OLTL aired the Monday after Another World's finale.

Very nice!

21 hours ago, Franko said:

Larkin Malloy most likely wins this crown*. The Edge of Night ended Friday, Dec. 28, 1984. On Monday, Dec. 31, his first scenes on Guiding Light aired.

*Who knows, maybe there were under-fives that went from one studio to another back during the live era?

Anyway, who else has examples of actors that weren't out of work for longer than, oh, six months?

Before I opened this thread, Larkin was exactly who I thought of first because he was the reason I even started watching GL. I literally was watching EON that final week, then GL on Monday.

Add to the AW migrations after the finale aired at the end of June 1999, David Andrew Macdonald started appearing on GL about a week into July.

Edited by applcin

Patrick Tovatt's IMDB page and AWHP indicates he did this in two consecutive years, from GL-AW (two days in March '85) and AW-SFT. (don't have all the dates, but he left AW in Aug. '86 and was in SFT's last cast four months later).