24 People Dead, 27 Injured In Church Shooting

Roman

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What can one say, at this point when killing first graders, churchgoers in South Carolina and now Texas and just a month ago, the worst mass shooting in U.S. history still doesn't move action toward sensible gun policy?  

I'm out of words, because of this, I want to post some words from Sen. Chris Murphy who was speaking out after Sandy Hook Elementary massacre and has continued to speak (albeit to no avail by Congress).

• Members

When 49 people were murdered and dozens more injured in the Pulse nightclub massacre, a homophobic "Christian" acquaintance commented that it was "God's will" to "punish the sodomite sinners."

Now that the victims were church-goers, his stance on murder-as-punishment-from-above has suddenly changed.

Sigh. Shouldn't all victims be mourned as victims? The idea that some folks "deserve" to be massacred is abhorrent.

• Members

The man cracked a toddler's skull and abused his wife multiple times. He also faced un-pursued charges of sexual assault and rape by force.

This was a very violent man and we're supposed to believe there was only one way to prevent his access to weapons?

Why won't the U.S. admit that it doesn't take violence against women and vulnerable people seriously?

• Members

I hope so, too.

I'm ALSO out of words about this subject.  As angry as I am that these tragedies keep occurring, I feel like as long as the NRA remain firmly inside Congress' pockets, there isn't a damn thing anyone can do in the name of tougher gun legislation to stop the senseless killings.

• Members

As glad as I am that the gunman is dead and therefore can never harm anyone else again, he showed what a coward he was right up to the end by killing himself after all that carnage. The good thing is that those poor people won't have to endure a trial on top of everything else.

My take is that the Air Force will settle everything out of court. They definitely should cover all the funeral and burial expenses for those who didn't make it, and the long term medical and psychological care the survivors will need (hospital stays, physical therapy, PTSD therapy, grief counseling, etc.). 

Before Sunday, the killer assaulted his estranged wife, beat up his stepchild (fracturing the child's skull in the process), and had an animal abuse charge pending as well (repeatedly kicking and beating a dog). Too bad he never learned about picking after someone his own size!! 😠

• Members

But, God forbid he, or any other psychopaths out there, is denied his right to bear arms, right, GOP/NRA?

Seriously, folks, there are times lately when I truly believe we have the leadership that we deserve.

ICAM with ALL this.

Guess who: "If [Willeford] didn't have a gun, instead of having 26 dead, you would have had hundreds more dead."

I can't anymore with this "president."

Archived