Jump to content
Paul Raven

Proposed Soaps Over The Years

Recommended Posts

Hope Springs ABC 1958

 

Created by Frank & Doris Hursley. Produced by Edwin Duerr.

 

Hope Springs, a town in the west in the late 1860's - ' a new daytime serial story of the frontier west, from the viewpoint of the womwn who helped build it.'

Sheriff Gar Ferguson whose past is the subject of conjecture. Other characters - newspaper editor, his crippled wife, a doctor, a neurotic girl and lovesick boy.

 

Westerns were all the rage in primetime at this time and CBS had The Sheriff's Wife under development at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Hope Springs ABC 1958

 

Created by Frank & Doris Hursley. Produced by Edwin Duerr.

 

Hope Springs, a town in the west in the late 1860's - ' a new daytime serial story of the frontier west, from the viewpoint of the womwn who helped build it.'

Sheriff Gar Ferguson whose past is the subject of conjecture. Other characters - newspaper editor, his crippled wife, a doctor, a neurotic girl and lovesick boy.

 

Westerns were all the rage in primetime at this time and CBS had The Sheriff's Wife under development at the same time.

 

So Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig were on to something then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TV Guide Nov 1964

 

Hollywood - In the early planning stages here is a series a la Peyton Place - a TV version of The Chapman Report, Irving Wallace's best selling novel about the sexual behavior of American women. No cast has been set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2017 at 11:59 PM, Paul Raven said:

1983

Flamingo Road . Continuation of nightime soap slotted at 3pm. Change of daytime execs saw it shelved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 12:11 AM, Paul Raven said:

Hope Springs ABC 1958

 

Created by Frank & Doris Hursley. Produced by Edwin Duerr.

 

Hope Springs, a town in the west in the late 1860's - ' a new daytime serial story of the frontier west, from the viewpoint of the womwn who helped build it.'

Sheriff Gar Ferguson whose past is the subject of conjecture. Other characters - newspaper editor, his crippled wife, a doctor, a neurotic girl and lovesick boy.

 

Westerns were all the rage in primetime at this time and CBS had The Sheriff's Wife under development at the same time.

 

 Imagine if this had got off the ground and (however unlikely) was still running today - if there were no time-jumps or anything it'd be up to the Great Depression!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Woman's Diary

 December 1955

Variety reported that B movie actress Virginia Bruce would star in this proposed series ( a soaper in their parlance)  as 'a femme who operates a woman's hotel in a big metropolitan city'.

Pilot was directed by Herschel Daugherty. Variety stated pilot would be shown on anthology series 'Studio 57'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, All My Shadows said:

The fck does she mean "ahead of your time?" Literally Port Charles, OLTL edition.

 

Precisely!  I can't stand a suck-up, especially an ignorant one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 8:26 AM, All My Shadows said:

The fck does she mean "ahead of your time?" Literally Port Charles, OLTL edition.

Yeah ABC made the right call

This was also because GH Nightshift was a success

AMC & OLTL both pitched ideas for a PT spinoff, 

I knew OLTL involved John but nothing else

AMC's spinoff was gonna be based on the Fusion Girls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 11:11 PM, SFK said:

 

Precisely!  I can't stand a suck-up, especially an ignorant one.

In fairness, Ron's quite happy to block anyone whose nose is anything less than a deep brown after interacting with him on Twitter, so I guess folks wanna stay suckholing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, beebs said:

In fairness, Ron's quite happy to block anyone whose nose is anything less than a deep brown after interacting with him on Twitter, so I guess folks wanna stay suckholing.

 

They do. So many are laughably unable to be critical when it's deserved. But we all know how Ron is on Twitter. He's actually improved a bit but ... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...