B&B: November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think that Maya was a mistake. Brad made the mistake for making Maya transgender and not taking the matter seriously.

If I were GLAAD or any other LGTBQ media outlet that covered this story from the start, I'd be all over his ass.

Being part of the LGBTQ community myself, I found the story to be offensive from jump. Why? Because it flopped tremendously when it comes to telling the story of a transgender transitioning. Maya had no opposition. Maya had no real obstacles. Maya got a cheesy wrap up with a bow on it. Everyone was PC and accepting, and that isn't the cast for most transgenders. Maya should've faced scrutiny, threats, etc.--a true tale to life. 

I've always said Rick should've lashed out against Maya originally too before coming around to realizing he loved her. Bill should've used Maya's situation to create scandal at Forrestor as way to get viewership in his media conglomerate. Caroline should've been foul to Maya for a stint too. I can go on and on about story possibilities for Maya. Instead Brad flew through stories like Speed Racer, skipping beats and story potentials once he got the press attention he wanted. 

I find writers like Brad Bell to be disgusting. Simply users who use stories for plot points and adulation while failing to realize the true impact a story like this could make. 

I do give him props with Steffy/Bill/Liam finally; however, this was a story he should've pulled the trigger on years ago. Especially, when Bill was married to Katie. It should've been Steffy vying after Bill, not Brooke. The tension and disdain Steffy and Katie had at that time was juicy enough that it could've given us our new version of Stephanie v. Brooke. 

Do you think that's why Brad Bell cast Ingo? B/c he's Aussie and the show has a huge following over there? If so, I find that to be so stupid. 

That's what I don't get. They could've brought him on as a relative of Ivy's from her mom's side. 

These stupid a** stunt castings are the primary reason why soaps are garbage now. It wasn't even necessary to recast Thorne when Winsor is willing and capable to still play the role. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Next thing you know Paul Leyden or Murray Bartlett is going to be cast as the new Nick Marone...

BTW, has any had the chance to read Harmon's interview in the newest SOD? I saw them advertise it online but hadn't seen in any stores. In fact around here I only see ABC and CBS SID anymore anyways. 

Archived