DAYS: November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Why do they insist on having Will be Sami Jr? Allie should be in Salem as Sami Junior

I mean, there's a chance I could like the 'new' Will, but I don't know why they think he needs to be like Sami. This isn't the first time it's come up. But, at the end of the day, his parents are Lumi so I guess I should expect Will to be a bit more like them. It was nice that he wasn't totally like them.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ya, Allie can be the Lumi carbon copy.  Having Will be (mostly) "good" is a nice contrast, and aligns him with his other parents, Austin & Carrie.  I can't repeat it enough times how much it killed me they weren't a part of his coming story in 2012, they didn't return for his death, and that Ron C. hasn't worked them into this Will return.  I will say that even though Lucas' drinking has become redundant, I hope Ron C. keeps his edge... the worst thing that ever happened to him was making him Austin 2.0.

On another note, I was dreading this JJ/Theo story when the spoiler came out, but so far, all the right beats have been played.  I was THERE with JJ, and I even felt what drab Lani was feeling.  Friday's end sequence was inspired by "Days" standards, but that horrible music almost ruined it.  Also, on today's show, they should have reorganized the first act like OLTL's Nash's accident at The Palace... instead, they inserted the Wilson reunion, which totally broke the gravity of the shooting.  This show has such profound production issues... it's amazing that in the late 90's/early 00's, this show had the biggest operating budget of any soap.

• Members

Chandler Massey is back to his old tricks— smirking in scenes and almost breaking into smiles or laughter. I saw it 3 times today, including in the major confrontation with Sonny. Freddie Smith also laughed.

These guys have learned NOTHING. Yes, CM is good looking, but someone should tell him it’s not SNL. This show is so cheap they’ll never do a scene over, so we’re stuck with this kind of awful acting.

i don’t think TPTB say a damn thing to these guys.

• Members

I have seen some Eugene and Calliope, I think Calliope is great! Much more believable than this Susan creature.

It's a shame they'd never change the show stylistically as a few minor updates and stripping it back a bit, making it basic, would do the show the world of good.

I love that Paul found Will and decided to hide it.

Theo buying followers for Claire was a good and realistic plot for the teens. That was the kind of story Neighbours used to try and do in around 2010 but always failed at.

• Members

I feel confident saying Days has the weakest cast.  They could barely get that material out without looking like a comedy.  I had said because so much was given away in the promo that it would come down to execution, and now we can't rely on that.  Just awful.  

Julie waxing on and on when it makes no sense that they didn't accompany Abe to the hospital.  This is a huge deal!  HUGE!  

While Lani was on the phone telling Abe the news, I thought she was laughing.  Terrible!  This would be great angst for Lani and JJ but both actors are incredibly lacking.  It won't be good.  I didn't believe a word coming out of James Reynold's mouth!  He was lousy too!

The scenes at the diner were embarrassingly bad and Rafe just made them worse.  Who needed Susan and her buck teeth, although I'm not too broken up about the idea.  

My Gawd, back in the day, everything that is transpiring now would be explosive and must see.  This is just terrible!  

• Members

Word.

IDK whether you were watching DAYS when Stephen Wyman was Co-EP,  but if you had watched back then, you would have laughed yourself silly over the ridiculous freeze frames and other optical effects they would save for the end of each episode.  

Once again, I blame the lack of rehearsal time these actors are given today.  You really need that time with a director in order to make sense of the scenes.  Especially when they are scenes written by the likes of RC.

• Members

For me, the Doug/Julie scenes were so bad that they circled back to being good. I mean, it's just so awkward, but that is what it can really be like to talk to old people sometimes. It worked for me in spite of itself (I doubt the writers are self-aware enough to have made it that awkward on purpose.)

• Members

just watched Monday and the pacing of the whole show was just off for me! Maybe because every time Tripp/Claire, Doug/Julie/Abe/Valerie were on it came to a grinding halt. I have no idea what the point of their scenes were and why they were "mixed in" with the other action. Even Rafe/Susan at the cabin were annoying but I can see those scenes fitting in more with what was going on. 

I do feel for J.J., which is good that was able to come across in his scenes. Lani was so-so for me. I don't find her to be a strong actress so I can't get behind her.

And Good Lord, Chandler's scenes in the beginning with Will and Sonny were just dreadful. I felt like he was reading lines from a newspaper instead of trying to act out a scene. Really? I hope he improves or this back-from-the-dead story should have stayed dead. 

I would have had the whole episode flip back-and-forth between JJ/Lani/Theo and the bar in Memphis only. Quicker pacing and actual story MOVEment. Keep people from drifting off like I did at the sight of Claire or the Doug's Place scenes.  

• Members

It's not just the acting, but the writing that is painfully missing the mark on these Will/Sonny reunion scenes. This kind of [!@#$%^&*] was the bread and butter of soaps back in the day. A supercouple reunited after years should be must-see TV. And they are missing every single beat. It's sad.

• Members

I'm assuming that Will will break up with Sonny. I am sure he will be very angry that Sonny moved on with Paul. Sonny will try to get Will back as Paul goes crying to daddy.

They've taken a while to tell it but there really hasn't been any build up to Will's reunion with his family and husband.

Archived