DAYS: November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't really remember Chandler having much emotional connection with them the first time around either. It was one of the reasons things like the coming out story fell so flat. He does work better with Lauren and Deirdre. That's about it.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Chandler's done better so far but I suppose YMMV. He hasn't bothered me like he was before he exited last time.

And never would have expected RSW to become so watchable by playing a psychopathic killer. Who knew? I think he's a tiny bit overhyped because he's hot but he's grown leaps and bounds.

• Members

This was even too far for Sami!  I know she's done some heinous stuff but to arrange to have her son violently strangled as she watched for the sake of memories resurfacing?  That was truly sick. If Ben had not stopped himself, how far would she have let that go?  Sick!  

Between Datillo and Massey, I'm not sure who's worse!  Just awful screaming with no real emotion behind it. 

• Members

Great episode!

Sami is one sick puppy!  The only weak link was Abby and Chad. They were so boring today.

Can they stop dressing Chandler like a grandpa? They need to get rid of that ugly sweater he has been wearing the last two days.

And the chemistry between Chandler and RSW was oozing all over the screen.

• Members

I've given Ron a lot of credit for turning Days into an infinitely better show but in pursuit of a ratings spike (which he won't get) he jumped the shark with Sami putting Will through it.  This story point is nearly as bad as the original decision to murder the character in the first place.  Thank goddess it will be over soon.  I've like Ron's more traditional storytelling and all the crying scenes.  It's what soaps should be about.  These Ben scenes were just horrible to watch on Wednesday.  I haven't seen today's episode.  But the writers missed the boat on the Will/Lucas reunion scenes too.  They should have had Lucas stumble into the church (all decorated for Xmas with a manger and an empty creche) and have Will show up and do a tear jerker reunion. The town square scenes were so disappointing.  And I give Datillo credit for being dropped in after two week or more absence and having to be the park bench drunk and play the ghost angle.  They should have had Will decide in a desperate moment after seeing Ari that his life has been screwed and he needs to confront Ben.  Would have been powerful for Marlena and Sami to work together to allow him to see Ben to try to jog his memory.  They could have played Ben's softer side too.  Hated, hated the apartment scenes.  But the show keeps desperately trying to go over the edge to get eyeballs to watch and they never learn that doing James Reilly esque twists rarely works anymore, especially for a show on a shoe string budget where so many scenes are written to accommodate set and actor appearance restrictions.  Boo. Let's move on to Viv and Nicholas Cassadine!

Archived