Y&R November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was so lame.  I'm going to go back to just reading updates and check on on the board once in a while.  The building can collapse any second so they put a hardhat on Jack and send him in.  They didn't show any firemen in there, and then they just come walking out with Billy???  I screeched laughing, hahahahahahaha.  Then he chats and sits on the back of the ambulance - coffee klatch.  No paramedics for smoke inhalation....no immediate trip to the hospital???>

Didn't the Underground already collapse with Jack and Victor in there or something? I was a couple of years ago or so....I could have sworn they were in some building collapse which is all just rehash if I remember correctly.  God awful stuff. 

• Members

There was a building collapse with Jack and Victor stuck together.  I don't recall if it was the Underground or part of that horrendous LML story that had most of GC residents in some remote development that blew up or something.

Today's show was awful.

• Members

When will they learn that this type of stunt never works on a show like Y&R?  AMC did a better job BITD with the Holidays and Mardi Gras explosions; and I say that as someone who HATED when AMC began doing that type of stunt-based storytelling.

• Members

So I found it - googled it because I was pretty sure there was already a building collapse/disaster at The Underground.  This is all garbage.  This was the month of disasters on Y&R back in 2015. 

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/yrs-disaster-storylines-the-underground-collapse-the-plane-crash-the-cabin-the-fire-what-did-you-think-about-the-events-that-transpired/2015/02/20/

• Members

I wasn't expecting Victoria to slap and fire Billy 

Please register in order to view this content

That and Billy running to Phyllis instead of her were the best parts of this desperado sweeps stunt/emmy bait episode. I like that Brash and Sassy is back under Newman and Billy and Jack have finally moved on from the feud because its high time for new shifts, I hope he ends up back at Jabot.

• Members

Absolutely chilling?  Oh you've GOT to be kidding me.  Fire "story?"  

Please register in order to view this content

It's only gone on for 2 days.  Nothing has even happened.  But you're right.  The "steaks" are super duper high.  Honestly, they would have been a tad, just a tad, higher if Maddie was her correct age.  Even then, zzzzzzzzzzzz

And good GOD- this isn't even close to touching the fire at Gina's.  For starters, we actually liked that set and miss it.  But that wasn't even done as some lame event.   JT rescuing Colleen and bringing her out of the fire!  Brad finally accepting JT as a good guy- there was so much emotion in that sequence- the stakes were legitimately high and it was so well written and executed.

This shizz is for the birds!  File it under "NOBODY CARES."

"Visionaries" don't mimic.   And "refreshing" generally means there's been a shift and something new and needed has come onto the screen, not a jackhole copying another jackhole.

Please link me to where he said "come on in."  It seems to have reallllly stuck with you.

Archived