Y&R November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought CG was fantastic today, even though I'm not a fan of Tessiah. I skipped all the fire stuff and watched Mariah and Hilary. I like that Mariah said it wasn't 'women,' but a single woman. And it sure helps having the 'reformed' Sharon there for her. 

• Members

Those Mariah and Sharon scenes were fantastic, wow. That dialogue about being a comic relief joke and always seeing herself from the outside was great, give CG another Emmy. Unfortunately the scenes with Tess fell flat for me. They've got to get rid of this chick, absolutely nothing compelling writing or acting wise. I'd have rather kept Crystal honestly.

Those Jordan and Hilary scenes were good too, he's flipped into an absolutely shameless dog and I like it but it doesn't bode well for his longevity. Glad Hilary is finally done pining for him and went off

I didn't care about any of the fire stuff I'm just glad that set is gone

• Members

Everyone here continues to be so negative. Yeah the fire was convoluted as hell, and unnecessary to get rid of a set. Also, Maddie needs to be recast. There that's my negativity. lol

The scenes with the face mask taint is actually pretty intriguing and Judith Chapman is actually doing surprisingly well. More understated.

Camryn Grimes absolutely killed it. They need to recast Tessa. But those scenes were great. Just be who you are was definitely reassuring. 

I forgot to say the Jordan/Hillary scenes were also very good. Camera work, acting, and writing.

Mal definitely needs to calm down on , but so far the several things, but the show looks really good right now.

• Members

No one on Y&R is really worthy of a best actress emmy this year...not that the emmies really mean anything anymore.  I love Gina Tognoni but it's so erratic with her and the writing.  She'll put in for it and submit some scenery chewing...but other than that...there isn't another female on this show - Grimes should put herself in for Best Actress - not Supporting, not "Younger" which for a few years went up to like 28 or 30 years old which was ridiculous.  Grimes should pull a reel together from the last 2 days and put that in for Best Actress.  Sharon Case could do supporting with those reels from what I saw today....and she should.   And of course she'll be up against Heather Tom from B&B who will probably win with awful writing and screaming and crying for 3 scenes which was the dumbest thing ever. 

• Members

Mals YR vision contiues to impress. He got 504,000 total viewers and .05 for 18-49. Im literally tearring up im so happy for the show. These are stellar numbers for a cable network. and especially POPTV. People are loving this new version kf YR. People are so excited and thankful to have a true creative revolutionary at the helm of this show. As Mal says, “come on in.” You cant be disappointed 

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-wednesday-cable-originals-network-finals-11-1-2017.html

• Members

Preach it. JC is a fine actress, but only in small doses and with very specific scenes. The episode with Billy, Jack and Ash all interacting with her worked perfectly because the relationships are different  with each one. But like the dozen or so characters that SSM brought on, Gloria is pointless unless the Baldwins become a fixture family again. And I’ll never buy Aunt Jack and The Worm EVER. 

Oh, I forgot to ask during my rave of CG’s scenes: Anyone have insight as to who may have written the dialogue? Same with MM - I felt that was about as ‘real’ as Hillary as I’ve seen written in awhile. I loved the not second-best stuff. And it worked better because it’s was more balanced with Jordan calling her out on going back to Devon, etc. I didn’t feel like it was a “Hilary is bad” rather than a legit skirmish between angry ex-lovers. I just hope they give MM worthy material during this regime. 

• Members

I agree,  I try to be optimistic. I however don't agree with Maddie being recast, she is adorable and just perfect. Love her innocence and her with Reed. Sweet couple if they write good for them and give it a fair shot.

CG was fabulous and I didn't like Mariah but now I am liking her and her scenes were awesome. Made you feel for her. Loved the scenes between her and Sharon as well.

I LOVED Jordan letting Hillary have it. It was coming that somebody finally let her know she could be very shallow and fake.

• Members

Agreed. I also thought Monday's scene between Gloria and Ashley at Jabot was a standout. No tics from JC but still an exciting scene. The poison masks thing is probably the best SL on Y&R right now imo.

• Members

1) me and jonnysbro are not the same 2) ur delusional if you think anyhthing ive posted has been akin to glorifying male rape. you cant stand the fact that other people are enjoying the show more than you. Im not the only one. Look at Pop TV’s higher daily ratings with YR in Top 150 that I have posted 

• Members

The first two because they know what they're doing.  The other doesn't know any better.

Seriously, I'm just waiting for JERRYSIS and Jonny676 to start posting in the DAYS and B&B threads.   Then there will be one for each soap.   I can hear it now....

"Everyone at DAYS loves Marci Miller- she's a FIND!  She ain't going anywhere guyz and ratings are spiking."

"Bradley Bell is a true visionary.  He's been guiding the ship for 20 years now.  B&B is so lucky to have such a talented gem as Brad Bell running the show.   B&B is like a tidal wave of soapy goodness!"

Archived