Y&R November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Um, Reed needed to get his guitar, got the keys and told Noah he'd return 'tomorrow.' Huh? Then the kids were skulking around all scared BUT they had Noah's permission to be there. Reed could've said he was playing for his friends on the stage like he's done many times before.

Oh and Nick 'closed TU to be with his kids.' Right because Noah and all the other staff couldn't keep it open on a busy night. 

The set-up is flawed on so many levels. And since when is Abbott mansion that close to TU that an old lady could walk there? A place that I'm pretty she's never heard of, much less been to. 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What bothers me is that back when the show was on an upswing (post LA scandal / early Summer), Mal was very eager to take the credit. I know for a fact he retweeted me once while complimenting him and the writers. So at the very least he was enjoying the show's critical acclaim and being a team player. However we now know that the show was far away from his vision. His vision is this crap. 

• Members

The entire structure of this story makes no sense.  However, if they HAD to have someone start a fire accidentally, why Dina?  WTF?  The delivery guy could have broken a couple bottles when he delivered the booze, someone knocks over that stupid ass jack o lantern and there ya go.  Even then, it would have sucked but at least Dina wouldn't be involved.

Jeez.

• Members

Or it could have been due to a gas leak or faulty wiring in the building.  And what's the point of having the fire in the first place if you can't trap a bunch of people inside when it breaks out and have them fighting for their lives?  Two or three people trapped inside is...okay.  But this really called for a large gathering of GC folks, you know?

• Members

Word. 

I've never been a big fan of these gimmicks, even when done well like Nancy Curlee's blackout in Springfield.  But if you're gonna do it, at least make it as natural/believable as possible.  Dina randomly wandering into the bar was just 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

+!

The negativity to Mal's first two episodes is really strong and vocal. They are hating everything.

I hate how watered down Mariah has become.

Today's show is cringworthy. The acting and writing of the younger actors sucks big time. Just awful!

Mal needs to end Mariah and Tessa NOW!!  It is horrible!!

• Members

This fire is so bad.  LOLLLL. Billy walking around the bar inside with just a rag over his mouth, but there are no firemen in there and they have masks.  They're all outside talking about how the "need to get in there!"  And the fire is still just around the bar.  Looks super dangerous.  This is as bad as the Newman Tower fire that went on for days and the "building could go any second!"  And there was only one helicopter with the Genoa City PD, and Newman Towers has a helipad but Victor doesn't own a helicopter.

• Members

I have found the fire story to be absolutely chilling. The stakes are so high. We have been wanting high steaks for months. This will define the young generation for years to come much in the same way as the fire at Gina’s by Zjack Smith as Hw

Archived