Favorite murder mystery or serial killer story?

• Members

Who killed Diane Ballard? On GL

This one was great because it really was a culmination of years worth of story. Diane had the dirt on everything that Alan had been up to for years and had made enemies with pretty much the entire town so when she turned up dead, it played fairly organically. 

The same thing with the "Who shot Roger?" story. It really was a long time coming. The only terrible part was the ending with Fake Billy confessing to the whole thing. It seemed rushed or changed at some point. I wonder if it was because Nancy Curlee knew she would be leaving and wanted to wrap it up. 

The Jean Weatheril mystery was good too. I'm looking forward to reviewing it with the YouTube channel clips someone is posting. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who Killed Will Cortlandt? (AMC) is another favorite of mine -- in fact, it was probably the last major storyline that I enjoyed on the show -- but I hated cartoonish "Janet from Another Planet" Green being unmasked as the culprit.

• Members

Who killed Zach Grayson? AMC

The Laurelton Murders. GH   We were the winners getting Lucy Coe out of the convoluted O'Connor brother story.

Who killed David Thatcher?   (My first taste of Another World).

Salem Slasher (Renee's murder really got me interested.)

Nicole's murder at WMON. (We finally got a NY station on our cable and saw the aftermath of Nora's murder.  EON wasn't available in CT, at least in our area.)

The Janet Simms mystery on GL

Douglas Cummings Story

The Carolyn Crawford murder (until they overpopulated the story with about 9000 characters.)

Who shot Jill?/ Who shot Victor? George Rwling Mystery. Rick Daros/Nikki/first wife mystery.

The Loving Murders

Primetime

Carlo Agretti's Murder  (drunken, crazed Julia was my favorite character next to Emma)--Falcon Crest

Who killed Ciji?  Who killed Linda?   KL

Of course, Who shot JR

Who tried to kill Alexis (Sen. Neil McVane in a dress was a hoot).

• Members

From what *I* understood, Gary Tomlin and Michelle Poteet Lisanti just had the idea of someone calling into Marlena's radio show and stalking her; and that it was Pat Falken Smith who inherited the story (which was limp, by at least one fan's account) and upped the stakes by having the caller (Jake) start to murder people.

• Members

According to synopses on Jason47's Days website, the stranglings started in September 1981 with the murders of a hospital secretary and a minor character named Denise. Falken Smith didn't show up until about about a month later. I still remember the cool ads NBC had to announce that Falken Smith was writing the show, with references to General Hospital and the ice princess storyline.

• Members

Even though I was just a kid when it aired, I vividly remember the Stephanie Martin murder on Edge of Night. Everyone in town had a reason to kill the psycho Stephanie, but it was Nicole Travis who was arrested. My favorite murder mystery ever.

Archived