Favorite murder mystery or serial killer story?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of my earliest soap memories is the Doug Cummings storyline on ATWT. Rewatching the episodes now, it's fascinating to see how intertwined it all was. The writing was suspenseful and intricate. 

I'm not sure if this counts, but the whole David Kimble thing on Y&R actually gave me nightmares.

• Members

Who Shot J.R.  The Summer after the cliffhanger - everyone was talking about it.  There were pools and odds in Vegas over who it was.  Honestly in Daytime, I don't remember any that were done well.  I remember being intrigued - and although it looked silly at times, most of the acting was good - and not really a mystery because the audience knew who was doing what - but Brent/Marian on Guiding Light.  I remember reading one time that the actor who played Brent/Marian went on to have some issues because of the role and what he put into it...

• Members

DAYS the Killing Pool. Say what you will about SSM, but that was perfectly crafted for ED's first run as Kristen.

And not only did you not know who was the killer, but who was the victim.  And cliffhangers at the end of each week.

• Members

The killer turned out to be newbie Edmund, which was an obvious rewrite since he was in London the night of the muder. And the victim was Penelope Kent, a character we had never heard about before the murder.

Even though it wasn't a mystery, SSM's second murder story on DAYS was much better when Kate framed Sami for Franco's murder to protect Lucas.

• Members

Wait? Really? I never knew...which showed (at the time) they hid it well. But I was in college at the time so

Please register in order to view this content

Ooooo....That was a good arc, too. Kate vs Sami has always given some great stories though.

• Members

I think the killing pool mystery had some good points especially the unraveling of Laura..but I tend to think SMS was under pressure to imitate JER in those first months.  By the time of the Sami being framed for Franco's murder...i think SSM was comfortable with doing it more her way....i still recall Sami in her wedding dress passed out with him in hand and all the wedding standing around watching in confusion as Sami comes to.

My fav murder mystery....the Loving Mueders...madw the killer someone that made sense..and used a lot of history to make her motive make sense.

Archived