America's Next Top Model

WTGH

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw Tyra on Craig Fergeson last night, but I caught it by mistake. I think the lack of promotion is because UPN is folding. I haven't really seen promo for any of their shows.

BTW, I hear that this season the girls are more cartoonish than ever. From looking at some of the cast pics I've seen, they do look awful. Hopefully the makeovers will help some of these people, but they are also really old this year.

Looks like we'll have another year of non-models, but I've come to accept that just like I accept that The Apprentice is a joke business-wise. Still a fun show ala Dynasty.

• Members

I was just watching Tyrant's show and she mentioned that Cycles 1, 3 and 6 were her favorite cycles.

Mine is definitely Cycle 1! Robin vs everyone was hilarious! I love when she said that the male model was "lustin" after her and she called him a cat daddy too, lol. Everyone who was cast that season was perfect, everything was just perfect.

• Members

So far, I'm not impressed.

Nnenna is obviously the front runner and the girl to beat. I like her and think she's great but I'll be pissed if she wins this thing. I don't want another "Nnenna is this week's CoverGirl for the 75th week in a row" the same way it happened with Naima.

I think Jade is good looking, but has a massive ego and is freakin' old.

Ugh! Don't like the girl with the "sad expression". Her nose is too big....

LOVED, LOVED seeing Janice!!! She's a HUGE breath of fresh air.

Loving when Nigel gets catty!!!!!

LMAO at the girl who said she looked like a "penis with ears" :lol:

• Members

So far Nnenna and Sara are my favorites. Nnenna is the only girl there who I could see getting real work. Gina has nice bones but she's annoying.

Jade's rough look is not flexible and her photo was terrible. She's an old cow and I'd love to see her cut down a few pegs.

Trya had Janice in the premiere because even she knows that Janice = ratings. But why didn't Tyra let her on the panel? Last night's judging ceremony was awful with only positive critiques and no funny insults. The bottom three - Wendy, Furonda and Kathy - were the fugliest of the bunch and the right descision was made in cutting Kathy.

• Members

The panel is so inconsistant. They'll make nice comments then go and bash the photos when the girls are gone. The reason they such for so long now is because the judges don't give them valid criticism.

Janice knows what she's saying so when she says negative things they know they need to listen. Without her there they really have no hope. Tyra seems clueless. Plus Miss Jay, while brilliant, what does he know about these photographs? Still I like him, he's the most interesting one there. I wish they had replaced Janice with someone fierce like Naomi Campbell or Grace Jones. Both modelling legends who would tell them what they need to know!

Getting back to the girls...they were pretty ugly overall. Plus I feel like they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too old. Jade at 26 is like 50 in the modelling world, plus a lot of them are too fat to do high fashion.

I did like the photoshoot though. Nice to see them starting off with a beauty shot instead of the usual insanity.

• Members

A pretty good episode this week.

I'm glad Wendy was sent home, her pictures sucked and I didn't like her makeover...

Speaking of which, Jade looks HIDEOUS with that blond hairdo. Ew! Ew! Ew! They should've made her go brown.

-Furonda's extensions are fugly. Tiffany's extensions were BIG and THICK. Furonda's consist of 3 strands of limp, lifeless hair on each side. I don't like her and she looks even worse with that 'do.

-Looking back at Mollie Sue's bald picture she kinda reminds me of a cross between Cycle 3's Amanda and Nicole.

-Vomit at seeing Naima back. She delivered every scripted line with the emotion of a wet cabbage.

Sheeeesh! I hate her.

-Nicole's "My Life as a Cover Girl" is surprisingly good, way better than frigid Naima's one.

- :lol::lol::lol: at Jade calling Wendy J.Lo

She's a total beeyotch and should've been kicked out because of her lousy ice picture... but that would take away all the drama.

-I don't see what's the big [!@#$%^&*] deal over Brooke. She has too many bags and I don't like the dark tones around her eyes. And her picture sucked.

-The judges continue to disappoint. I like Miss. J as a runway couch but I'm not into him as a judge. Nole Marin did a pretty good job judging and was usually right on the money.

Twiggy only has like four comments... :rolleyes:

• Members

A lot of the makeovers were terrible. Tyra gave Jade the blonde hair to humiliate her. She looks terrible and the color emphasises her bad skin and the bags under her eyes. Furonda looks like even more of an alien with the extensions. She is possibly the ugliest Top Model contestant ever and her skin is awful. Sara's look is completely ruined with that mohawk.

The Furonda/Jade fued is funny because they are both fug and don't realize it.

Brooke is not cute and models shouldn't have big heads and noticeable facial features. I don't see the appeal.

Nnenna is definitely the girl to beat. She is so regal and graceful, and has the "personality" (sob story) which Tyra likes to emphasize.

Wendy's pity party didn't last. Now I guess she and her family be exploited on The Tyra Show. :rolleyes:

Nigel was awful last night. He keeps rhyming and laughing at his own jokes but he isn't funny. Janice wouldn't tolerate his BS.

• Members

I laughed when Jade called Wendy J. Lo too. Thats exactly what I thought when I saw her makeover.

I hate Furonda's makeover. Her extensions are not working for her and I wish they kept her hair short. I liked her in the first episode but not liking her new atittude and cant beleive she had the nerve to make up a list and give it to everyone. Talk about diva.

Jade is a !@#$%^&*]. I cant stand her atittude and girl does NOT look all that. She looks even worse with the short blonde hair. Hope she's gone soon. It's way too soon to be as !@#$%^&*]y as she is. She really reminds me of last season's Lisa but less funny and more icy.

Naima does not look good with long hair and she just doesnt look like a model to me. I liked Nicole's "My life as a covergirl" I cant beleive how much she grew on me towards the end.

Archived