Y&R: Mal Young Interview

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha! Exactly. 

There is absolutely no substance to this interview. He said nothing in it that couldn't have applied to an interview about EastEnders. And I don't fault him for that because saying nothing means we don't have any evidence to hold against him down the line. 

• Members

I don't know. It just made me sad lol. I liked a little of what he said but it just seemed like more lip service. Who wants to bet the same people will still sit on the backburner. I'm actually SORT of open to "Monday = Monday" kind of thing as I think our soaps need a shot in the arm (I worry about skipped beats but it's not like soaps do the best job of that anymore anyway), but I got no sense of real story from him. I don't know, it just made me sad lol.

Exactly. Very little substance. Sally made lots of bold claims that people took to heart.

I wanted to copy and bold the part where he said he signed off on every script (or something along those lines). He let what some of ya'll complained about on air, so I still blame him (along with Sally) for the lackluster run she had. I feel like people (not really on this board) are setting themselves up to be disappointed. He's still focused on Victoria and Billy who need a LONG vacation, he's more about shock value, he's also to blame for some of the lackluster newbies we have, so I don't think we'll get anything but more of the same. The energy could be a little better but I'll see how he does. I'll give him a shot but I don't have high hopes.

Nope he didn't. And I LOL'd at him finding Devon interesting.

Archived