Y&R: Actor Returns?

• Members

You're kidding, right?  JT and Colleen weren't an afterthought- their love story was a big deal and certainly is what transitioned JT from bad boy supporting character to romantic male lead.  Hell, the fire at Gina's was built around them as a couple!   Not sure what show you were watching, but doesn't sound like it was Y&R.

Either way, I'm glad he's coming back and hope it's long-term.  I hope they give him some of his bad boy edge back because that type of character is desperately needed on the Y&R canvas right now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'm still SCREAMING. 

Please register in order to view this content

you watched this fan vid, didn't you? 

in all seriousness if Lyndsy Fonseca had stayed on the show I think Y&R would have tried harder to build JT into a real leading male, just like if AB and DT hadn't left Y&R originally Billy & Mac would have been solidified as a "supercouple" etc. But all that said, no... that SL was all about Lily and psycho Kevin. Colleen was just collateral damage, and JT was mos def. a side character in the whole mess. LOL

actually, the one-sided love story w/ Mac did that. By the time JT got with Colleen he was already declawed. He was no longer a "bad boy" LOL Honestly, Mac was a focal point in all these guys' stories - Billy, Kevin, and JT, which is why I'm baffled as to why Y&R hasn't recast her or brought AB back (again) yet. Mess. 

• Members

Massey's never been a male lead, which is why the show always made sure to rush stories that were supposed to be about him (his coming out) so that they could be about others (Will magically accepted being gay so he could spend months on the backburner leering at EJ and calling his mother a whore; Will's sexuality was used as a plot device so he could knock up Gabi and be part of an umbrella plot).  

Some of those actors are male leads (I wouldn't say Clifton ever was), but for the most part they haven't been in a number of years. 

In the time period that JT was a 'side character,' men like Kevin were sold as leads. And that's one of the reasons the show is now such a husk.

• Members

like I said, y'all may not like it but Massey was indeed a male lead going by any measure of the term. The fact that Sonny pretty much EXISTED for Will says it all, regardless of how [!@#$%^&*] the writers were. LOL 

and yes - Kevin was a male lead as well, a flop male lead but one none the same. Y&R went to great lengths to make him happen and mould him into a lead, built a family around him, and even gave him a circle of friends, etc. It may not have stuck, but they tried! JT otoh was just... there. No friends. No family. No stories that were about him, like, at all. Mess. 

Please register in order to view this content

i believe Reed, because that teenage romance w/ Lily's kid went nowhere and Summer's over. Y&R heads are probably rethinking aging Reed up/making Victoria/Billy look so much older, so they're walking all that ish back.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived