Y&R: Actor Returns?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly JT was on track to become the modern era's Paul before getting shipped off.  Sure he could be an annoying self-righteous spoiled prick sometimes but in his later years it was becoming clear he was Y&R's upcoming hero as shed his rotten bad boy days just like his mentor Paul did. Unfortunately MAB's Y&R killed off his true soul mate and felt Billy Miller's Billy should take his place so of course they paired JT and Mac unsuccessfully for the second boring tiresome time and shipped them off. 

• Members

was he not? I don't recall ever meeting his family or anything, and I never really knew anything about him beyond the SL's he was involved in - all of which I don't recall him being the focal point of any. He's the definition of a soap side character. LOL

• Members

The progression of the character wasn't too bad though. He came on the scene as a womanizing, immature high school jock and evolved into a fairly recent guy. His relationship with Colleen humanized him, showing his faults, but he really did love her. It's tough to remember how he and Mac got together though...would have to read up on it.

• Members

I LOVED me some JT though!!!   

As for how JT and Mac got together, I remember JT having some kind of assignment to protect Katherine- I even remember him camping out outside the Chancellor mansion in a tent for a bit- I think that's how they started getting closer.

Luckinbill is that rare actor who has chemistry with every actress he's paired with, even Rachel Kimsey's Mac (though she was probably the one he had the least chem with).    I thought he was the hottest with Anita Hodges, Brittany's mom and even though it was eventually played that Colleen was his true love, for my money, it was really Brittany that he had the most long-term potential with.  Unfortunately, that relationship was sacrificed for Bobby (John Enos) and Colleen (Lyndsey Fonseca).

This time around, I hope they use him in some kind of May/December romance/affair.   He'd be smokin with either Lauren or Phyllis.

OR, since it's one D she's never had in her cooch, I could see him being good with Sharon.   That actually would make for some fun rivalry stuff with Victoria and Sharon.

Please, any of the above, but NOT Lily.  Anyone but Lily!!!

• Members

Hah - same sentiments here.

Even though I will admit that during the last 1-2 years of his run, I really warmed up to the character and could tolerate him. Still, JT was never an integral character 

LOL - good times indeed. Are you still keeping up with any soap, Cat?
Sheila's return on B&B was for the most part good classic campy fun. In the end they at least ONLY dumbed her down and did not kill her off. So that's quite a testament in today's soap climate. LOL

• Members

11 years is a side character? I'll grant you the promo is bizarre, but he certainly has more relevant on-canvas ties than say, Scott, Jordan, Ravi, Zach, etc.  I'll always felt they underutilized TL and his family was only around for about a year even though they had capable actors in the roles.

What's most interesting is that TL and AH are divorcing and NOW he's coming back. I wonder how that was worked out? I'd really like to see JT with Phyllis, Lily or Chelsea, but I'm sure he'll be back for Victoria.

• Members

Solid memory!

I do remember one of my favourite scenes with JT and Mac was when he was electrocuted. He was in the hospital and they decided to get married.

Has it been established that JT and Mac are no longer together? I may have missed that conversation or someone else referring to it on the show.

• Members

those are essentially, present day JT's. xD

JT's not even on Cane's level, who the show at least attempted to build a family/stories around. 11 years on canvas and not a single family member cast or storyline about or around him... Mess.

err... I liked JT, thought he was really hot and interesting character, but Thad was a terribly one dimensional actor. I was only ever rooting for him when he was lovesick for OG Mac, because that gave him layers. 

also, he's Phyllis' age (now), tho. LOL 

and my money's on him going with either Sharon or Abbey. 

• Members

I keep up with Y&R at the moment, but I hear good things about Days so I'm wondering whether to tune in. I've been watching a few episodes of B&B last week where it involved Bill and Stuffy, but I missed Sheila's big return this summer. Worth tuning back in?

I assume you heard the Ingo news... what's your take on that? Am I right in recalling that you weren't a fan of Winsor Harmon ?

Archived