Y&R' Star Kristoff St. John Allegedly Threatened to Shoot Himself

• Members

Young and The Restless' star Kristoff St. John was hospitalized and placed under psychiatric evaluation after allegedly threatening to kill himself with a gun.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Kristoff's ex-wife, Mia, called cops Thursday evening and told them Kristoff had been sending her photos showing the soap star holding a gun to his head. 

When cops arrived, they confiscated 2 guns and placed Kristoff under a 72-hour hold for mental evaluation. Sources close to Kristoff tell us the 2-year anniversary of his son Julian's suicide is fast approaching -- November 23 -- and that had him very, very upset.

Kristoff's ex set up the "El Saber es Poder" ("Knowledge is Power") Foundation to battle mental illness following Julian's death

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/22/young-and-the-restless-star-kristoff-st-john-threatened-shoot-himself/

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How very unfortunate. I hope he gets the mental help and support that he needs. His daughters, I'm sure want and need him to be there with them. 

I remember reading about it on his Twitter feed sometime last year, I think.  This is why when some were calling for his character to be written off, I was silent because people are entitled to their opinions but I wondered whether maybe his job on Y&R might be one of the few things he felt he had.

You just never know what another person is going through.

I didn't know it had gotten this dire for him though.

• Members

Yes, of course, I was talking about the past. Now, it's a definite that he will need intensive mental health.

What I have gleaned from others who have dealt with mental illness is that having a structured life often helped many of them feel like they were functional, as opposed to being at loose ends.

His character hasn't had much purpose for awhile now.

I wasn't proposing that he get better storyline now, he has critical health issues to contend with, it's life or death (not job) right now.

I meant in the past.

• Members

IA with @DramatistDreamer. I think playing Neil is really important to KSJ, as Neil is to Y&R history lest we forget. Despite some of the crazy SLs in recent times, Neil is a still a character with a lot of viability and standing on the canvas. KSJ is a team player and loves to promote the show and the Winters family. He needs time to sort through his unimaginably painful grief right now, but I hope he returns soon, stronger and energised. I never knew his son committed suicide, that is heartbreaking. Get well, get a tight-knit support system (because so much of this grief is rooted in loneliness now that his boy is gone and his family has fractured), and come back soon, KSJ, hopefully to a business SL where Ashley calls on Neil's help at Jabot. 

• Members

I can only imagine how agonizing this must be for him and how doubly traumatic for this incident to be made public. But thoughts with him as he hopefully gets some treatment/medical and therapeutic intervention. And perhaps it will be somewhat comforting to know he has the support of colleagues and fans.

• Members

Agree.  I don't think Neil is CRUCIAL to any stories right now.  The show could send him on an extended business trip, or even say that Malcolm is gravely ill and that Neil left town to supervise his brother's care.

Archived