Y&R: Dina spoiler

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the samething. I mean the show is better than most soaps left out there and I don't think many can deny that and still need some work but it is getting good. Hopefully they will look at the shows rich history and how they told a story back in the day.

I loved seeing Traci back. I also loved at the end that even Neil gave a fantastic speech to get back on the event. 

I felt badly for how Dina was worried about Ashley thinking she blurted out things on purpose cause they were getting to bond and I also felt Ashley's pain, I don't think she ever felt closure about that and her not having her mom around back then didn't help her being insecure about that revelation ever not to mention Ashley did have a lot going on that affected her emotional state.

I was touched that Hillary promised to keep that video off the air, which I am so glad they got it. He can't pull anything without all those people as witnesses plus the tape Hillary has.

I found it hilarious in that promo Ashley lunges at Graham and I can only imagine he must have said some horrific hurtful thing as he has. 

I mean even Ashley tried to talk some sense into him about that his mother and Dina were lucky to be rid of him cause he wasn't a good person, he still wanted to spit fire at her. What a bitter little creep. He is such a sore losing weasel who had to scam to try and win.

Hopefully when Dina gets up on her feet since they all want to bond, her and Ashley can do that.

• Members

I could see MY writing Dina out, but killing Dina does nothing for the show. All her children have money, so if (when) Graham's claim on will is over, that doesn't do a darned thing for them. Even if Graham somehow got the money, that character doesn't fit in the show.  Except for the random Glo-worm encounters, he hasn't developed a single tie on canvas. It would be a pointless move.

On the other hand, keeping Dina opens up a lot of possibilities for the entire Abbott family. I hope we discover that Graham was poisoning her and then she tries to get MI back from TWG with the settlement having her join them. MA has had good interactions with Bryton and KSJ. Plus, being Kay's BFF, it wouldn't be so bad to see Dina dish out some good ol' Katherine advice to Devon, etc. Plus Dina can get all up in Newman stories with her connection to Victor, hatred of Nikki and, of course, Abby. There's plenty of mileage left in a character with so many organic and REAL ties to GC. This is a case where they don't have to rewrite history to make it work.

• Members

I agree it makes more sense to keep Dina. Marla Adams is fabulous and fans seem to have taken to Dina. It'd be really stupid to kill her off. If Adams didn't want to work or stick around, I guess I could accept it, but she does and is able and willing to work so use her while she's still with us. Dina adds SO much to the canvas.

• Members

Soaps have always had a bad habit of overworking their most talented actors, which is why so many end up requesting to be let out of their contracts.

Hopefully, TPTB can keep MA while managing her schedule wisely and humanely (I did notice her mention being drained at times, even as she was loving the story and the work during her interview).

Y&R has definitely benefited from having Dina around, hopefully they use her talent judiciously.

Archived