Jump to content
Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread


cct

Recommended Posts

  • Members
34 minutes ago, Vee said:

Did I not call it?

 

You certainly did.

 

Damn.

 

Even I, the misanthrope, am having a hard time with the "damned human race" these days.  All these allegations about all these monsters is showing me a side of human nature I NEVER enjoy seeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
10 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

My heart breaks for all that both Coreys(Haim and Feldman) went through as children and as adults.

 

Mine too.

 

Todd Bridges recently posted this on Twitter. It's heartbreaking when you realize that all three were sexually abused as children.

 

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, Vee said:

Did I not call it?

 

 

This has been an old story lingering in the gay community for years. I had a feeling it might come back now.

 

Seems like Charlie's penchant for young boys was one of Denise Richard's concerns when they divorced. She was disturbed by the gay porn he was watching online because the males looked really young. 

 

https://boingboing.net/2017/11/08/corey-haims-rapist-named-as.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Former Boston news anchor Heather Unruh has given a press conference outlining allegations that Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted her 18-year-old son in Nantucket last summer after plying him with alcohol. They are pursuing criminal charges.

 

 

Oooooooo

 

 

4 hours ago, Vee said:

Did I not call it?

 

 

This has been an old story lingering in the gay community for years. I had a feeling it might come back now.

You sure did.

Just...WOW. This is turning into a Pandora's Box

 

@Khan *HUGS* I feel ya on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
25 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

Interesting take on why R. Kelly is basically getting away with victimizing young women.

https://longreads.com/2017/11/08/in-the-wake-of-weinstein-and-metoo-why-does-r-kelly-still-have-an-audience/

 

I think I have a pretty good idea of why R. Kelly has been able to get away with it all these years.

I'm one of those who was never able to 'get onto' his music, despite his talent but obviously there were many women who felt differently. Kelly was one of the most requested songwriters around for quite a number of years.  Google how many singers/songwriters worked with him over the decades. It is quite a list and it wasn't just men.

The fact that so many were willing to overlook his predatory reputation in order to get a 'hit' song, says quite a lot. If he weren't making a lot of money for a bunch of people, his career would've been put down (and he possibly in jail) a long time ago.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Another insane twist to the Kevin Spacey fallout.

 

Ridley Scott plans to completely cut Spacey out of the already finished "All the Money in the World," recast him with Christopher Plummer, and completely reshoot all of his scenes.

 

The film is set for a December 22 release, and Scott is determined to have the film finished and ready for that date. Which is CRAZY.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/kevin-spacey-dropped-all-in-the-money-in-the-world-christopher-plummer-ridley-scott-j-paul-getty-1202204437/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
31 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Another insane twist to the Kevin Spacey fallout.

 

Ridley Scott plans to completely cut Spacey out of the already finished "All the Money in the World," recast him with Christopher Plummer, and completely reshoot all of his scenes.

 

The film is set for a December 22 release, and Scott is determined to have the film finished and ready for that date. Which is CRAZY.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/kevin-spacey-dropped-all-in-the-money-in-the-world-christopher-plummer-ridley-scott-j-paul-getty-1202204437/

 

I've rarely heard of anything like this. Wow. Has this happened before?

 

This movie was getting a big push for Oscar hype so I guess that's one of the reasons why they're going this route (and Ridley's had a few flops lately so that's another reason).

 

Christopher Plummer is a good choice.

 

Now Jeffrey Tambor is being investigated:

 

http://deadline.com/2017/11/jeffrey-tambor-sexual-harassment-claims-amazon-1202204220/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
11 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

I've rarely heard of anything like this. Wow. Has this happened before?

 

This movie was getting a big push for Oscar hype so I guess that's one of the reasons why they're going this route (and Ridley's had a few flops lately so that's another reason).

 

Christopher Plummer is a good choice.

 

Now Jeffrey Tambor is being investigated:

 

http://deadline.com/2017/11/jeffrey-tambor-sexual-harassment-claims-amazon-1202204220/

It's being reported that Plummer was Ridley's first choice to play Getty anyway, but the studio wanted "a bigger name," forcing Spacey on him. Funny how it all "worked out" in the end...the makeup job on Spacey for the role looked ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy