cct

Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

1 hour ago, Juliajms said:

We saw a preview of these reactions when Michael Muhney was fired from Y&R. Some people are so deluded they'll stand by these actors no matter what they do and try to shift blame to the victims. It's disgusting.

It's horrifying to me how often even ordinary families seem to rally around the perpetrator. They are defended with silence at the very least.  Not that I have anything to tell you how awful it is for victims after what you've been through.

Yes. What you said about families protecting the perpetrator made me think of the fall of 2009 when Mackenzie Phillips released her memoirs and revealed that her father had done unspeakable things to her, even when she was an adult. Remember all the backlash she got at that time?

In my case, the man who took advantage of me and groomed me has a daughter...who is a year and a half OLDER than me. As far as I know, neither she nor the rest of his family ever found out.

1 hour ago, dragonflies said:

THIS right here is what's wrong with Hollywood

Not that Hollywood is blameless, but I don't think there was any such award. I think this person was referencing a mistranslation from a Spanish-language website.

2 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

What you said about families protecting the perpetrator made me think of the fall of 2009 when Mackenzie Phillips released her memoirs and revealed that her father had done unspeakable things to her, even when she was an adult. Remember all the backlash she got at that time?

Oh, God, that was so horrible.  At least Chynna stood by Mackenzie, though.

11 hours ago, DRW50 said:

If someone from one of those "pro-family" (ugh) film series or TV shows were in the crosshairs of these scandals, we'd be getting a much different reaction from many in the public, and also the press.

Remember Stephen Collins on 7th Heaven?

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, Vee said:

Practically overnight, his career is over.

I knew Spacey was a longtime and relentless lech for often unwilling younger men, both at HoC and the Old Vic but also well pre-dating both of those. I didn't know it extended to young boys. God.

Re: Corey Feldman, this is just decades-old gossip but the story for many years was that his BFF, the late Corey Haim, was raped on the set of the '80s classic Lucas as a young boy. The alleged perpetrator, people claimed, was 

Hide contents

Charlie Sheen.

I wonder if that tale will resurface.

*jaw drop*

No idea. Disgusting.

There's no daytime world left to rock, and Paul Rauch has been dead for half a decade.

Yikes, and now Richard Dreyfuss's son Harry has written an article for BuzzFeed in which he claims Kevin Spacey groped him *while his FATHER was IN THE ROOM*:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/harrydreyfuss2/actor-harry-dreyfuss-when-i-was-18-kevin-spacey-groped-me

Edited by Faulkner

Dreyfuss and his son have bad history. The son is an entitled brat.  Now, he's saying his father allowed him to be groped or his dad didn't see it?  

Not the most credible person. 

25 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Dreyfuss and his son have bad history. The son is an entitled brat.  Now, he's saying his father allowed him to be groped

That's not what the story says at all.