Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A somewhat uncomfortable NYT interview with most of the Arrested Development cast in which Jessica Walter tearfully confirms that Jeffrey Tambor verbally abused her on set. Tambor takes his licks, and Jason Bateman, David Cross, and Tony Hale come to his defense, which isn’t going over well on social media.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/arts/television/arrested-development-netflix-interview-jeffrey-tambor.html

Looks like Jason Bateman is having his Matt Damon moment.

Also, Moses Farrow defends Woody Allen and alleges some very alarming physical and emotional abuse from Mia Farrow. I realize his assertions aren’t new, but these are the first I’ve read in this level of harrowing detail.

http://mosesfarrow.blogspot.com/2018/05/a-son-speaks-out-by-moses-farrow.html?m=1

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I think what Ronan Farrow is doing as a journalist is wonderful, but to be quite honest my take on the Woody Allen case has always leaned towards doubt - even after Dylan Farrow spoke up. Woody Allen is no saint, but there were a lot of skeletons, even 25 years ago.

The above account is horrifying and reconfirms a lot of what I have heard about Mia's troubled home life over the years. It's very sad.

What makes me especially upset is that I feel our current instant outrage culture has zero room for nuance - people will not know how to process Ronan's good works and the need to listen to women vs. the possibility that the case that is the cornerstone of his personal life is potentially a fraud. These two facts existing at once is simply not something Internet thinkpiece culture is willing to comprehend.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Not sure what to believe about Woody Allen. Ronan was four, so he only knows what he was told.  Lucky for me I've never liked Woody's movies, so no dilemma there.

I have always liked Jason Bateman.  He comes across as a bit of a jerk in that interview though. Him and his "processes". 

Please register in order to view this content

Get a grip man, play acting does not give you the right to unleash on people.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

I have too, to be honest (I thought maybe it was because of the sleazy movies he's starred in). The thing with Jason is that he's a golden child in the industry - he was headlining major sitcoms when he was still in his early teens, and he also got a heavy push on "Valerie's Family" - so much so that Valerie Harper got pushed right out the door. 

I'd be lying if I said I was a huge fan of Arrested Development, but the times I've watched have been because of Jessica Walter. I've been a fan of her work since she was on Knots Landing. She was luminous. If she, at her age and with her experience, is treated this way by male cast members, it tells you just how hard life is for women in Hollywood.