Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

It's disgraceful, but it's not surprising.  As long as R. Kelly's brand was making everyone money, of COURSE they were willing to look the other way.  I don't know whether he's still a moneymaker, but with the new generation of R&B singers coming up, I'm pretty sure he isn't as big of a draw as he once was.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Really?  Because, although I see your point where Koppel and Gibson were concerned, I always had the impression that Peter Jennings was literally charming the pants off women (in a non-skeevy way, of course) BTS.

• Members

^ Holy $hit. These women coming forward against him are incredibly brave. That's always true of survivors who come forward, but when you take on a guy with this much power, there is so much reason to be afraid.

Schneiderman was elected to the New York State Senate in 1998, and served for twelve years. He wrote many laws, including one that created specific penalties for strangulation. He introduced the bill in 2010

I find this especially creepy.  It seems like he had a specific fascination with strangulation.

• Members

Asia Argento - daughter of Italian horror legend Dario Argento whose films inspired me, and a popular actress and director in her own right since childhood - talks about the backlash to her involvement in #MeToo back home:

• Members

Reading these horrific accounts (this one is particularly graphic) convince me daily that the twisted balance of power in this country (not to mention others) needs to be corrected.  So many women's (and some men's) path to leading successful, even healthy lives have been upended or thwarted by these twisted men in positions of power.

Personally, I sometimes wonder whether the times I've said 'no' have ended up impacting my career possibilities.  It's a bitter possibility to try to decipher but no regrets in saying no.

This case, however is flat-out physical abuse toward a partner. Schneiderman is clearly a sadist and misogynist as one of the women was quoted as saying in the article.

• Members

This is an interesting article that discusses the notion of how Genius revolves around the male gaze or haze, as it is referred to in this piece. Also the reality that anyone who inserts the truth of how problematic a select number of these "genius" men truly are, is basically told that their truth is not welcome and advised to keep it quiet.

The World Still Spins Around Male Genius