Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

You'd have to be living under a rock not to know. Oh wait!  I come pretty close and yet still,  I knew.  Anyone in "the business" who claims not to know is lying, imo.

That statement from Avi Lerner (who I had never heard of, yet still knew BS was a predator) is off the charts insane. Yes, BS is legally innocent, that does not mean it is right to work with him just because he is good at his job and makes money.  One more case where people are not ashamed to openly support evil. It's stunning.  It shouldn't be, but I just can't get used to it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Brian May got a ton of deserved backlash for his glib response to someone asking him (on social media, and yes I get that people are often very smug and overly obtrusive toward celebrities on social media) about Singer. 

The Bohemian Rhapsody people have had over a year to come up with a response about Singer and they still don't know what they're doing. Probably because the only honest response was - "I don't care, I wanted my money." 

Even Rami Malek's line about not knowing is just about impossible to believe. 

Anyway, even as I read the article on Singer I knew nothing would change because unlike with Weinstein, most parties are still anonymous. Between that and him keeping the Red Sonja gig, he will continue to skate, albeit in smaller and smaller circles. 

I'm just glad I never went to see Bohemian Rhapsody and never will. And I have all the more respect for John Deacon, who basically said fuckity bye 30 years ago and never looked back.

• Members

^ The most appalling thing to me is the excuses people make. The victim blaming and the notion some have had over the years that if these kid's parents sold them to MJ, well that's not his fault the victims got what they deserve.  Some people just flat out lose their minds when it's a celebrity they admire who is accused.  That said, the matter has been confused enough over the years that I would need to see the evidence laid out in a logical matter to know what I believe.  It sounds like this film does that.

Their money and their Oscars.  I can see how people managed to rationalize this to themselves. Think of all of the high powered actors who knowingly chose to work with predators.  People think because they can't change it, they are justified in just going along with the rest of the herd.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Singer is persona non grata outside Millennium, which is a junk company. I don't think he'll come back from this in larger circles. But we'll see. I frankly doubt Red Sonja will get made.

I think Michael Jackson is one of the greatest musicians and entertainers in our history. His impact is incalculable and his work will live forever, and should. I think his life is a very tragic story, and that what became of him started when he was a very young victim. I also have never wavered that he raped children and was a sexual predator. And I am not exactly looking forward to the high-minded thinkpieces that try to pretend there is any difference between him and R. Kelly.

Edited by Vee

• Members

That was a harrowing read. And you can't help wondering how many stories like these have gone unheard over the years. I'm sure this behaviour was just as common back during the Hollywood golden years, but back then it was likely even more swept under the rug. How many lives were ruined? Most of the victims probably remained nameless but I'm sure that if you look at some of the many Hollywood actors and actresses who succumbed to alcohol or drugs or suffered mental problems you'd find similar stories in their past. Apart from the obvious suspects like Marilyn Monroe or Judy Garland you have names like Gail Russell, Frances Farmer, Clara Bow, Diana Barrymore, Bobby Driscoll etc