Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sadly, I'm not really shocked by all of this. I don't think anyone really could be, unless they're hopelessly naive.

One thing that has shocked me though is the incredibly offensive remarks made by Donna Karan. Victim shaming of the highest degree. My jaw literally dropped when I read what she had said.

• Members

Should we ask the mods to merge the two threads?  Alrighty then.  Mods, would you please?

I'll say this much and then move on:

To the right-wingers out there who, at the moment, are expressing outrage, disdain and ESPECIALLY moral superiority over this turn of events, would you please have not just a seat, but the whole damn sofa?  Because, to be perfect and frank, you forfeited your right to say boo about Weinstein and his ilk the moment you heard about and/or saw the evidence that cast you-know-who as a p***y-grabbing sexual predator and then said, "Nah, I'd still like him to be my president."

kthanxbye

Edited by Khan

• Members

This Harvey Weinstein stuff is disgusting. Its far worse then Trumps !@#$%^&*] grabbing tape which imo was pure liberal.hysteria. its been crickets from celebs about this. Talk about a complete double standard. Why did it take Hilary days to comment on it and its been a cover up for years. These actresses coming out 20 years later like Gwenyth Paltrow who during her oscar win praised the ground Harvey walked on. Jed Bila called this a huge double standard on her twitter.

• Members

Hoping the two threads will be merged but I've decided to post this here.

'I had to defend myself': the night Harvey Weinstein jumped on me Léa Seydoux 

Just a question, but was there a separate thread for Roger Ailes or for Donald Trump when women spoke out against them?

I'm genuinely asking because I don't remember.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Not to mention Roger Ailes who had an entire newschannel and company filled with women who were routinely harassed.  He was also in a position of power and could punish and promote at will. He also greatly abused his power.

This thread really should be moved to the Movies and Music Section.

Edited by DramatistDreamer