Edward Skylover

Days of Our Lives General Discussion

On 2018-02-26 at 1:51 PM, Edward Skylover said:

Cool thanks :) 

Still trying to work out some of the family relationships on Days. So Brady Black is the son of Isabella Toscano who is the daughter of Victor Kiriakis. Sonny is the son of Justin Kiriakis who is Victor's nephew. Who are Justin's parents? I can't find out on Wikipedia.

Kayla is Roman's sister and therefore aunt to Sami, Eric & Carrie, and great aunt to Will. 

John and Marlena are grandparents to Claire (though we never see them with her) as she is Belle's daughter.

Oh and Brady and Paul are Claire's uncles. Though they never interact. Sonny and Brady are basically second cousins.

Jennifer is the daughter of Bill Horton who is Addie's brother so Julie and Hope are Jennifer's cousins. So JJ and Abi are second cousins once removed to Eli(?), and they are also second cousins to Ciara.

Tripp is related to no-one except his father Steve.

Difficult to grasp all those family connections :mellow:

Here are some family trees I found on Twitter a couple of months ago. They might be of help. 

mddffdzbzhqqxgk.jpg

nclqxnkpzguuuu.jpg

fxmagnvvzdqhl.jpg

tnzdnisarjblmlm.jpg

dzfxmgdyywtvei.jpg

The Horton tree is missing alot of characters, probably because of space.
There's an error in the DiMera tree. Daphne DiMera was not Andre's mother. She was just Tony's mother. Andre's mother has never been mentioned by name.

On 2018-02-26 at 2:37 PM, DRW50 said:

They aired a few '60s episodes very early in the show's run on Soapnet. 

And during the Summer Olympics  break in 2004 they aired random episodes chosen by the actors. And during Halloween in 2007 they aired three episodes from the possession story in 1995.

On 2018-02-27 at 7:30 PM, KMan101 said:

I'd have preferred the 90s. No one's going to rush to watch 2011 episodes ...

At least it's a start. Maybe we'll get more. It makes sense, Bravo is NBC owned and the whole Lisa on Housewives thing. Lisa also returned to DAYS in 2012 for a year (where they wasted her) so that could be another factor in choosing the period when they did. And it was the MarDar relaunch, also which makes sense as it was meant to be a "reboot" of the show at the time. It's also when they first went HD, I believe, so that too probably plays a factor.

I just don't see anyone making an effort to air older episodes. I don't get it.

And SoapNet aired I believe the first week of DAYS from 1965 as a stunt. Or maybe it was just a few episodes. I'm sure someone knows for sure.

I don't think I'll rewatch only because the entire reboot was an ultimate disappointment and I hate constantly being teased with Carrie and Jack returns. Though actually it wasn't the total worst period. 2011-2014 wasn't the absolute worst. There are certain things I may like to rewatch (Kristen's return, Eric's return and Eric/Nicole, if we ever reach that point in the reruns)

It's probably easier for them to air episodes in HD than pre-HD. Since DAYS went over to HD in November 2010, which was in the middle of Dena's terror run, they probably didn't want to start there.

If anyone doesnt have Bravo but wants to watch, I've uploaded the episodes.

2011 Playlist

22 hours ago, Sindacco said:

Here are some family trees I found on Twitter a couple of months ago. They might be of help.

That is awesome, thank you very much!

21 hours ago, Sindacco said:

You legend.

ETA: Hang on, so Jennifer and Lucas are half-siblings?? Cor, that Nicholas Alamain is fit.

Edited by Edward Skylover

That was the only well-cast and appropriately aged Nicholas/Nikki since he was a little kid in the early '90s. In the late '90s they brought him back as overly-aged-up gigantic beefcake Victor Webster. Years later he came back as the young fellow in 2011. Since he was a young talent who could actually act, DAYS of course wrote him back out immediately.

Edited by Vee

7 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

ETA: Hang on, so Jennifer and Lucas are half-siblings??

Yep.  Jennifer is Bill and Laura's daughter, while Lucas is the product of Bill and Kate's affair.

Are they close? I don't recall seeing them together, at all.

On 3/11/2018 at 8:46 PM, koos said:

Screw HD, I wanna see all of 1972.

Why specifically that year?

7 hours ago, Vee said:

That was the only well-cast and appropriately aged Nicholas/Nikki since he was a little kid in the early '90s. In the late '90s they brought him back as overly-aged-up gigantic beefcake Victor Webster. Years later he came back as the young fellow in 2011. Since he was a young talent who could actually act, DAYS of course wrote him back out immediately.

:lol: 

9 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

Lucas and Jennifer are about as close as two half-siblings from the same, tangled DAYS family tree with shitty episode guarantees can be. ;) 

11 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

I've heard it said on more than one occasion that longtime DAYS fans regard 1972 as the show's best-ever year.

46 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

:lol: 

The show occasionally has them act like siblings and then they’ll go months without any sort of acknowledgement. I don’t even think Will says Aunt Jennifer. Actually I literally can’t remember a Will and Jennifer scene.