Days of Our Lives General Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, there's the occasional episode that focuses exclusively on Jack and Jennifer's hijinks and Carrie crying about whether she's lost Austin forever and Vivian and Ivan doing their foolishness. I enjoy all of these stories but what basically amounts to 3 C stories on at the same time as the only thing happening? Too much. No wonder characters move from scene to scene to keep things lively.

Meanwhile, Sami was attacked, nearly raped, and shot a man on the d!ck, yet Marlena is nowhere to be found? I know they're not on speaking terms and Marlena's busy being possessed, but she hasn't even mentioned it!

• Members

Started watching 1995 DAYS as well and I am so hooked. Only part of the show I don't enjoy is Vivian/Victor/Kate. If Reilly had not played Victor so stupid I might enjoy it. I'm used to sarcastic Victor and this is just a whole different character. 

With Sami and Marlena front burner it's still odd that neither character is hogging up the airtime. It doesn't feel like anyone is "the star" of the show. 

I love how much they included Alice in the Gina/Bo/Billie triangle but one thing missing for me is Julie and Doug. 

I agree with YRBB. It is absurd that Marlena and Sami have shared a whole scene together between January and mid-March. I would rather see Sami/Marlena than some of the filler possession scenes that they could just be hinting at (Marlena trying to fight him off or the evil laughs) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

February 1995:

A solid month. For such a slow paced show, a lot of stuff certainly happens. I could have done without the endless Jennifer-and-Jack-lost-during-a-snowstorm crap (which also made Jennifer REALLY dumb) but the general story of Jack's return is really working for me.

I do wish we could get a little less Carrie and Austin aching for each other. Thank God for Sami and the complete mess she's made of things.

Wow, I can't believe Bo and Billie's wedding actually happened. I'm sure it won't last but I would have screamed if the wedding was once again interrupted lol

The show has no time for its black characters. Jonah and Wendy are allowed two lines each about their own selves before it all becomes about others. Every single time. Lexie has appeared only twice in the entire month. I'm sure Abe would hardly be used if he didn't have the job he does. Also, Maggie... thank God for the wedding so she could rack up a couple of episodes....

The Possession remains by far the most interesting aspect. It's bonkers but you can't stop watching. The show has complete commitment to telling the story. God bless Celeste: "Eeeeevuuuul!" I can't wait for Marlena to start floating around! 

• Members

Haha I’m gonna have to check those episodes out at some point! I’ve mostly been skimming 2000-2003 stuff....not necessarily the best time of the show, but strong overall, and deliciously entertaining...well till mid 2003ish...

i always am impress on how great days 90s production was....it did resemble Bill Bells Y&R imo.

• Members

Me too!

Please register in order to view this content

I only vaguely watched some stuff, and always had the last 5 mins when I taped Passions back then, but I guess it's the nostalgia that does it for me.....I tuned in more from 2002ish-2006ish, and I remember enjoying most of that stuff.....even the Serial Killer Saga......

• Members

As 2017 comes to an end, here is a list of the soaps the current cast of actors have been on. Y&R just beats out GH as having the most. Any additions that could be made are welcome.

All My Children
Sal Stowers

Another World
Judi Evans

As the World Turns
Judi Evans
Mary Beth Evans
Wally Kurth

The Bold and the Beautiful
Lauren Koslow
Susan Seaforth Hayes
Christopher Sean

General Hopsital
Tyler Christopher
Kassie DePaiva
Mary Beth Evans
Wally Kurth
Stephen Nichols
Thaao Penghlis
Greg Vaughan

Generations
James Reynolds

The Guiding Light
Kassie DePaiva
Judi Evans
Josh Taylor

Love of Life
John Aniston

One Life to Live
Camila Banus
Kassie DePaiva

Passions
Galen Gering
Eric Martsolf

Port Charles
Mary Beth Evans
Stephen Nichols

Santa Barbara
Stephen Nichols
Thaao Penghlis
Melissa Reeves

Search for Tomorrow
John Aniston

Sunset Beach
Susan Seaforth Hayes

The Young and the Restless
Lucas Adams
Lamon Archey
Deidre Hall
Lauren Koslow
Stephen Nichols
Susan Seaforth Hayes
Josh Taylor
Greg Vaughan

The Young Marrieds
Susan Seaforth Hayes

• Members

I honestly got a lot of entertainment and enjoyment out of the Salem Stalker stuff when I watched it almost 15 years ago. It was pure, glorious trash, but I can't help it. lol

The funny thing is, after I posted that, in the very next episode Marlena mentioned Sami and wanted to go see her. lol

Carrie has literally been making the same face for months: Lovesick, wounded puppy. Austin and Sami, who are leading the story and causing the developments, have much more to work with. All Carrie does is look at Austin with desire and hurt. Again and again. For months. I feel for her, but I also am getting really tired of it. 

Archived