SoapDope

Soap Vets That You Never Got Their Appeal

I'll stick with multiple Emmy winners only:

1. (by light years) Nancy Lee Grahn. first exposed to her histrionics on Santa Barbara. Stunned what she does is considered 'acting'

2. Peter Bergman

3. Tony Geary

4. Erika Slezak (she was Ok, but not tied for most by a female - a 6-time winner!) Contrast to the amazing Elizabeth Hubbard who was NEVER recognized for ATWT.

5. Sarah Brown

I never could understand the acclaim for Roger Howarth and Tony Geary. Especially Howarth, who was a two-trick pony...either a blank stare, or spitting out his lines when he was excited. Not exactly a vet, but in the same vein as Howarth was Tom Pelphrey, who was just awful on ATWT.

Deedra Hall

Nancy Grahn

Larry Bryggman

Marcy Walker

Robin Mattson

Charita Bauer

Maurice Benard

Steve Burton

Kimberly McCullough

Finolia Hughes

Genie Frances

Anna Lee

Rachel Ames

Leslie Charleston

Stuart Damion

Also agree about Thorsten Kaye. Every time he hopped from one ABC soap to another, he ate up the screen time. Also agree about Roger Howarth. I had stopped watching OLTL by the time he and Hilary B Smith started and didn't return for a long time so I never warmed up to either one of them. But my biggest soap turnoff, literally, was Roscoe Born. Hated his Joe (RH), hated Mitch Laurence (OLTL). For all I know he could be the nicest guy but I just didn't want to see him on the screen.

Edited by applcin

5 hours ago, Hunk Chandler Massey said:

Marcy Walker...she's up there...and her counterpart....A. Martinez

What do you think was the worst thing about Marcy, Hunk Chandler Massey?  You didn't care for Lane Davies either, right?

4 hours ago, Jerry675 said:

Kristian Alphonzo

Julia barr

Berverly McKenzey

Robbin Strasser

Mary Stuart

Erika Sleeszack

If you don't understand the appeal of BM, RS, MS, or ES.  You don't know the appeal of daytime.  MS is basically the first lady of Daytime Drama.  She was the template for the matriarch. 

1 hour ago, Jerry675 said:

Deedra Hall

Nancy Grahn

Larry Bryggman

Marcy Walker

Robin Mattson

Charita Bauer

Maurice Benard

Steve Burton

Kimberly McCullough

Finolia Hughes

Genie Frances

Anna Lee

Rachel Ames

Leslie Charleston

Stuart Damion

Are you a troll?  @Vee  @Khan  I hadn't been around for a while.  Is this guy a troll?

1 minute ago, ChitHappens said:

:lol:  THANK YOUR!!!!!

You're welcome, boo!

How dare he say Queen Linda Dano and the Another World cast when that show stayed having stellar actors with star appeal from start to finish. You had Vicky Wyndham, Douglass Watson, Anne Heche, Stephen Schnetzer, Anna Stuart, Anna Hollbrook, Tom Eplin, etc. If AW did anything right, they had vet actors that had appeal. 

And Linda Dano's scenes playing an alcoholic ought to be mandatory for all actors to watch who have to play drunks. 

1 hour ago, Cheap21 said:

Galen has been around for nearly 20 years. How is he not a vet? 

TBH, people confuse 'Legend' with 'Vet'.  I knew this was supposed to be about 'legends' but anticipaed people like Galen who are merley vets.  Tony Geary is a legend BUT I can see why people woudln't see the appeal.