B&B - October Discussion Thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read that S2 told Shirley that Lame is the greatest man she ever knew and made all her dreams come true.... so they're already recycling DumbAs scripts from 4 months ago (post-theft)? 

It's hard to believe the show is back to the Jackie/Owen kind of boring, where not only do I not care about the current stories, but I don't see anything brewing that would might make me intentionally tune in. If it weren't for my obligatory mom visits (and watching with her), I wouldn't even keep up.

• Members

I know. Between Brad and the now-gone SSM, the women B&B/Y&R are incredibly weak and man-thirsty. I really don't get why soaps are generations behind in portraying women in a better light. In soaps, if a woman is assertive, smart and strong (think old Quinn, old Phyllis), she's bad and usually psycho.

I've been streaming a lot of prime time shows during the past year and am floored by the contrast to daytime (e,g, Reign, Riverdale, How to Get away with Murder, Quantico, even Lucy Liu in Elementary isn't portrayed as weak, etc.). The women on these shows can be written to be strong, accessible and romantic. It's not an either/or like soaps.  

Staying on B&B - both Steffy and Brooke could be written so much better with just a few tweaks. What the show did the S2, C2, and Quinn this past year is very sad. 

• Members

I did - but I'm tired of Steffhoe - girl/witch about town.  Some of the scenes are OK until she walks in.  Liam is....Liam.  But Bill/Wyatt are always way too over the top and their acting is horrible.  And they're back to the "Bro" dialogue.  Painful to watch. 

In their costumes I wouldn't have known Saul was Saul until he started talking.  Those were really the only fun part of the whole show today.  I wish Sheila was gone but it's only a matter of time until she shows up again with yet another scheme....and someone in LA will listen to her and team up with her in another attempt to "Bring Quinn Down!".  I'm surprised that Mateo character hasn't already visited her hotel room yet - or Eric. 

The pace is so bad.  The other day Steffhoe badgering Brooke about whether she'll go back to Ridge, etc.....it's like, can you let her concentrate on actually GETTING the divorce first?  I'm suprised the divorce hasn't been official and the Brooke/Ridge marriage in process already - it's been like 2 whole weeks. 

• Members

It's bad.  Because the show is bad, and I hope they keep their overseas viewership - it's always funny to see the actors and actresses go on shows here in the U.S. and talk about they're the only show that they get to travel for storylines, because they're so awesome, and it's just a great show to be on, and you know what - hey in their Defense - they did win Emmies after many other shows were gone.  They're horrific, but they get to travel and film on location.  So good for them I guess.  I'm older - so I remember real on location shoots and how they looked.  They send B&B overseas here and there and still film alot of stuff in LA studio.  Go Darin Brooks and his Wife who is only a character when he travels.  And who is Allison?  Bill's secretary that shows up whenever nothing is happening but she knows something?  Is she someone's wife? 

Archived