DAYS: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I’d be okay with Paul simply disappearing rather than draw this thing out and throw him under the bus for either Will or Sonny, neither of whom behaved well during their marriage (which was just as premature as any marriage in this day and age with both parties involved under the age of 25). 

Then again, I do remember what Ron did to my beloved Patrick and Robin. 

Be wary, Days fans. Be wary.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I suspect there will be a very heavy double decker bus that Paul will be thrown under, which is why I'm not all that excited to see what's in store for this plot.

Paul/Sonny feel boring because they are both Gary Stus. Paul came on with such swagger, but they neutered him.

Outside of the bits of humor from Bonnie, the show really drags. Usually Ron's shows are full of energy and verve even when they are careening out of control, but I'm finding the day-to-day of DAYS a little dead. I think some of that is due to the dollar-store budget they are working with now. Things feel... claustrophobic.

Nicole should have been gone by now, and I can't but feel that Brady and Eric can go with her. Just blandness as far as the eye can see.

• Members

That's possible.  But I suspect that Ron Carlivati's lack of familiarity with this show might play into the palpable lack of verve as well.  By his own admission, he's having to rely on Ryan Quan and Sheri Anderson Thomas' knowledge of DAYS history in writing his material.  Ergo, he might be playing it TOO safe, because he is too afraid of effing it up; and believe me, if there's one thing I know about DAYS fans, it's that they never hesitate in letting you know when you've effed up, lol.

I mean, it's either that, or NBC or Sony is interfering even more with his stuff than his old bosses at ABC.

But, as someone who was never the biggest RC fan, I'll say this much: shortly after the announcement was made that he was coming aboard, he told SOD that because he was very much an outsider to DAYS, he wouldn't flood the show with new characters, that he would make the concerted effort of writing for those on the show already; and so far, it seems, he has kept his word.  In fact, he's managed to do what I thought was impossible: somehow, he got

Please register in order to view this content

to come back to the show.

• Members

I definitely feel like the show has improved. As mentioned, RC is actually playing interactions that would just be common sense and instinctual for any barely competent writer to play, which just shows how low the bar has been set by previous writers. He's clearly smarter than Higley et al about writing around the increasingly burdensome issue of limited actor guarantees and set availability. 

• Members

Just watched Monday.

First time I've seen Tripp, hello 

I have to say, the teens (I'm guessing they're meant to be teens?) are pretty awful. Well, Claire in particular, is TERRIBLE, there's something extremely unlikeable other than the poor acting. Tripp seemed the best of the bunch, I fancy both Tripp and Theo  But I can't say those characters seem that great. They should get rid of Claire or re-cast.

Steve and Kayla...don't care about them.

Eric and Nicole...poorly written scenes, don't care about them.

I wish there was a way they could bring back this Ben character permanently. The actor is a really interesting performer. Love how this story is ticking along. It's keeping me interested.

Paul is certainly a more loveable character than what I've seen of Will IMO.

• Members

Well I can't say that as a Ericole fan that I didn't appreciate Monday's episode. Even though it's been a long time coming and things are sooooo different now compared to when I originally started rooting for them in 2012, I appreciate that RC has finally found a way to unite these two despite what other scribes did to keep these two apart (Griffith damaged the pair greatly with the Daniel storyline).

• Members

I thought Tripp and Theo would make a hot couple. Wouldn't it be great that Theo was actually jealous because he wanted Tripp to himself but Tripp wanted Claire only. I hadn't seen the chemistry until yesterday.

Paul had more time to deal with his sexuality when he first appeared. Will was still dealing with it and was very uptight and didn't trust Sonny. All of it was new to him. Paul knew he had made a mistake by letting Sonny go and was ready to pounce and Will wasn't having it.

• Members

The actress playing Claire isn't that bad actually. Sadly she's one of the stronger ones. Lucas Adams/Tripp is great but being given nothing to do. Kyler Pettis as Theo does ok but ... (see spoiler below)

@Edward Skylover you should have seen James Lastovic and Vivian Jovanni, who played Joey and Ciara in the teen set. They were by far more awful than Olivia Rose Keegan who plays Claire and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

The Ericole angst from Monday was well done and LONG overdue. This stuff should have been playing out after Xander had trapped them together a couple of years ago, instead we had to suffer through Eric and Nicole berating and hating each other and Nicole declaring Dr. Orange Glow the love of her life.

Just like two years ago we should have had Lucas going off the wagon THEN. Will became a quick afterthought. At least they're dealing with it all now.

• Members

I wasn't aware of any of his past work, so that could be, that show had a loyal following. I was sort of being tounge-in-cheek that he had a following because of what he looks like shirtless lol, though I'm sure that helps

lol yep and I don't blame him! Tripp's first episode under Ron and he was shirtless and sweaty, heh

Archived