CBS Television City Up For Sale?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's interesting. Bill Bell said in an interview that he wished he had bought Television City when they first started doing Y&R in 1973. He said at that time there wasn't a whole lot there in way of construction and could have gotten at a steal. 

• Members

CBS is landlord to Y&R and B&B, so they'll either switch landlords by a sale to another company that keeps the television operation or they'll find a new studio. 

Y&R could have the option to move to Sony Studios in Culver City. There's also CBS Studio Center at Radford in Studio City. There's probably a lot of cast members who would prefer to work out of Radford since they live in the Valley. Conversely, Brad Bell would probably hate it driving from Bel-Air. 

That said, CBS Television City is an iconic space. 

• Members

I don't know. He stated that in his Archive Of American Television interview he wish he had purchased it in the early 70's. I know a lot of shows were being taped there even then like Y&R, Carol Burnett, Price Is Right, Tattletales, Match Game, Jokers Wild, My Three Sons etc...

• Members

It would not have made a lick of difference.

CBS has say because it's the network the show is sold to. Sony has a say because it produces the show. It could be taped on Venus and it wouldn't make a difference.

All it would have done is made Bill Bell even richer than he already was when he died. The Bells are richer than Croesus!

• Members

Instead of writing 50 words you could've just said, "I don't know."  So, thanks, for wasting my time.  I was hoping by the end there would've at lease something of substance.

I wonder if he would've wound up buying the distributor though.  THAT is where things would've been different.

• Members

It's actually 44. I promise to try to make my posts have more substance, if you promise to stop fighting against mental health. 

I like your new profile pic. It's so much classier than the shirtless one of you showing your pubes. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived