Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jack walks in to lower the boom JUST as Graham and Ashley, who have traveled to Vegas for the weekend, are about to do the do.

Which would be a waste, and over a paternity secret that no longer has any high stakes now that the one who'd be most affected by it has long since passed away.

Seriously, they could've had Dina reveal she isn't Ashley's real mother and it would have had more impact.

Now that Nick's about to learn firsthand what it's like to live without the Newman money, I WOULD suggest a big storyline for him.  But he'd have to be recast.  Otherwise, suggesting Nick, as played by JM, follow in his mother's footsteps and become a strip-, er, exotic dancer, it's just too damn laughable.

• Members

I haven’t watched yet but pleeeease tell me they aren’t hinting at turmoil between Hilary and Jack. It is literally my favorite friendship on the soaps and the two actors have amazing chemistry as friends. Hilary can’t literally have NO ONE.

• Members

And Nikki has no female friends...I guess it would be Vicky suggesting they go out in the town since both are single and head to the latest club named Bumpers

Please register in order to view this content

and it's amateur strip night.

Vicky: Mom....don't look! I'll get your purse.

Nikki: Why? OMG its NICK on stage stripping!!!!!

• Members

It looks like ultimately, it was Dina who actually divulged the "secret" of Ashley's paternity.

Graham's revelation had to do with Dina the Homewrecker, pretty much.

I still think these days, Y&R is low-key stealing ideas from old ATWT (only Y&R's interpretation is mediocre). Like when Iva accidentally blurted out who Lily's father was after guarding the secret for years.

• Members

Now that was impact! For once MB's overwrought acting was appropriate but LB was really good in this.

As  for Y&R, we've all been saying that without John or Brent, Ashley's paternity reveal sank like a stone.

I guess 

Please register in order to view this content

since MA has pretty much been the driver of this storyline from the very beginning.

• Members

I think I have to stop reading this board. All of a sudden the Canadian episode discussion has taken center stage. If you’re here in the U.S. and you don’t want the entire plot of the next episode, you have to avoid the posts here.

Am I crazy or did this just start happening? 

Archived