Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly, I think Jeanne Cooper was the rare exception (for Y&R) who could see past her own character and assess the entire show...and even she liked working with John Conboy.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Did Dina take a taxi to The Underground? Or an Uber?  Was she ever there before? And how great that she returned home so easily, even with her dementia. Smart lady.

Did Nick leave the front door of The Underground unlocked after leaving a lit candle? And btw, how many nightclubs close on Halloween night so owners can take their kids to parties?

Are Reed, Mattie, and Charlie all going to die? Or just a couple of them? Maybe Mal thinks that killing off Lily’s SORASed twins solves the problem of her not really being old enough to be their mother. Mal is so visionary.

Mariah is sick to her stomach again....over Tessa? Kill me now.

Mal Young will kill this show if this SH*T writing continues.

• Members

There was a scene several months ago where Paul mentioned his mother's passing.

Don't ask me which episode, because it was a blink-and-you-miss-it moment.

The scenes between Mariah and Sharon were really good. When the actors trust each other's abilities you get really good work. The dialogue was fairly well written too.

The actor who plays Jordan has come a long way, he actually held his own with MM. They have great combative chemistry and Jordan was showing personality in the way it showed up in those scenes.

Like others have been saying though CF was giving me zombie in those scenes between Mariah and Tessa. It was unfortunate because I felt that it was one way performing--it wasn't reciprocated. CG was trying so hard but there was nothing coming back to her, the harder she tried, the more obvious it was that it was all one way.

The fire scenes were very contrived. We all know that this is a set up so that the damage of Billy's recent misdeeds will be 'burned away'.  At least it won't last too long.

Even though I think most of the soap writers these days begin their regimes with some sort of gimmick, it's weird how both CP and MY thought that they needed to start off with some big disaster but in both cases, the execution was just...off...maybe because a lot of detail and specificity got dumped along the way.

• Members

Agree that the Mariah and Sharon scenes were great. CG was incredible all episode. And yes, Cait Fairman was AGAIN terrible and ruined her scenes. She looked like some goth Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard and her acting was horrendous.

And now Tessa is hiding something ELSE from Mariah to protect her??? Oh, ok. I guess it’s fine if she wrecks Noah’s life, though.

Also agree about the actor playing Jordan....SO improved since his arrival. Probably means he’s about done in GC.

The fire? UGH.

Why didn’t the teens try to break out of the windows in the office? Are we supposed to play stupid — again — and ignore that? And Billy could walk around and through the bar but the fireman couldn’t enter the building? 

• Members

His place on the show is precarious, and has been for a long time now. He's become almost irrelevant, so the fact that he's still around is sort of a miracle. They could get a younger, much cheaper actor to be the Chief of Police in a heartbeat. He doesn't have a family anymore, no real focus, and they clearly could care less about Christine too. So, yes, I bet he gets pangs of anxiety when he doesn't have screentime and, if he does, that's enough to reassure him for now. A check is a check and airtime is airtime.

• Members

Well, you are late on clarifying, boo, and yes, I did ask.

But to repeat...lol...I did ask if anyone had heard sine the last time I was a regular Y&R viewer it was mentioned in passing that Mary had moved so that line took me aback when Jack said it. 

• Members

It may seem like it but I don't visit this thread every day anymore.

I don't think @TaoboiI was responding specifically to your question but another post that also mentioned it, I'm not even sure I saw your post, LOL, unless perhaps you mentioned it in the October thread which, until yesterday, was where I was still posting.

Archived