Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show is enjoyable, but there are flaws - like the fact that Halloween is happening on Nov. 1. Weird. 

I don't get having both Scott and Sharon slip up in front of Zach on consecutive days. To what end? 

Sharon Case is love. She really worked hard making those Tessa scenes viable.  

Devon turns into to heartless d!ck over night? I liked someone being a shrewd businessman but it was a whiplash with Devon. 

There are multiple continuity errors with face mask poisoning timeframe, particularly with when it happened and then through dialogue from The Worm/Ashley. 

I love MA, but what's happening with Dina is not promising. Skip this illness and have Dina being poisoned as well. 

• Members

MTS on Mals Young: “I’m so thrilled we have Mal Young running the show, now,” she raves of the executive producer “Y&R” imported from England. “I am so impressed with him. He gets this show and is bringing it back to the standards Bill created. Life in Genoa City is great!”

https://www.globaltv.com/theyoungandtherestless/latest/yrs-melody-thomas-scott-wants-nikki-to-go-crazy/

• Members

I try to keep my comments focused on the show but I’m getting this weird sense of deja vu (almost word for word) on the Y&R threads. Instead, the names ‘Jean Farren Phelps’ and ‘Jean Passanante’ are being replaced replaced with ‘Mal Young’. Go figure...

I’m still at the ‘taking it all in’ and readjustment stage when it comes to the severe gear change that has occurred over the past 6 episodes but if I can offer one objective criticism, though mentioned a bit already, are the jarring (overnight) character changes. Scott and Sharon are suddenly idiots, Victoria’s approval-seeking of Victor (“In case you stopped loving me”) is more pronounced, Devon’s sudden stance on financing Brash and Sassy and sort of putting Neil in his place. And, of course, Paul becoming Danny Reagan from Blue Bloods. At no point have I thought I totally understood the ‘in-character’ motivations for their actions. Instead, I’ve just seen it all as moving stories from point A to K. 

Maybe naively, I’m still holding out hope that things will settle a bit after Sweeps finishes. Otherwise, I refer you to my previous car crash analogy.

• Members

She’s wretched. Worst actor on the show. Tic-filled and annoying— and not remotely likable.

Exactly. Eileen Davidson speaks volumes with what she DOESN’T say. Anyone with common sense IGNORES actors’ glowing comments about writers. We know it’s all bullsh*t, but it’s also a smart move by the actors who do it.

An actor is not going to cut off his nose to spite his own face.

How very brave of Doug Davidson to diss Sally after she was gone. Such courage. 

Now watch him keep keep his mouth shut while he still gets nothing to do.

• Members

Well...I had been waiting for your comments.

Alas though...I have taken a 'wait and see' when I am not giving the justified shade to some lint.

Please register in order to view this content

And hahahhaaha at you all picking at that lint. Keep it on.

• Members

I keep trying to figure out what he's raving about because so far, Paul still looks pretty clueless and seems useless in this sex ring case. Perhaps there is something down the road that we're not yet seeing onscreen?

Part of me thinks DD is just counting how many lines he has and having more lines is enough to keep him satisfied.

Archived