Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don’t know what else to say that won’t sound like the other posts, other than it seems the movement on some of the stories would indicate that they are being shifted or tweaked in order to bring them to a close in time for October 25th (I think that’s the date I’ve seen banded about). I wouldn’t be surprised if the sex trafficking part of the Mariah/Tessa story is over and Zack is gone by the 24th. In fact I fully expect it. It may even be like the change that occurred almost overnight when Mervyn Watson took over Casualty in 2001 or when Daniel Bennett first took over as the scribe of Home and Away in 2005. In that the stories and tone bore very little resemblance to the previous episode. 

That would also imply that I don’t believe Sally Sussman was in the building when what we are seeing was filmed, but it’s based enough off her outlines that Mal Young doesn’t want his name to the episodes. And I’m not sure I can blame him.

• Members

Shhh. You're not supposed to remember that. Actually, I can't remember how it ended because it got so convoluted with a bunch of other stuff with Abby and Nick. Wasn't Victoria's goal to get BoN? I think Tucker was somehow involved. It's just weird that Victoria is somehow poor - kind of like Lane being 'poor' despite their modest living and clearly high salaries (and being related to Neil, Devon and Jill). Whatever.

• Members

+1

I hate that we're supposed to forget these people are rich when it's storyline-convenient. 

Besides, if B&S is so cash poor, why in the hell go up against Jabot in the first place? If you think about these business stories for more than 3 seconds, you'll chew your face off.

• Members

I am not sure about that considering how dull Abby is. This is Victor's daughter...although since Amelia took over for Heather....Vicky has become a weak whining female....not Victor's daughter.

I never ever understood why there wasn't a rivarly between Vicky and Abby long time ago. At this point that ship has sailed.

• Members

Victoria might not have all that much money left after she bought BnS from Jill.  It is obvious that they're planning for Ashley to be blind sided at her party.  Dina and Ravi are the only characters I actually enjoy on screen.

• Members

Well with the change of the guard, and getting caught up with my viewing, I figured I would dive into this week.

SO FAR...loving the Alice/Sharon scenes.

Ugh at seeing Kevin, but plausible reason for him in town.

I got a shirtless Nick moment so I'm good.

• Members

Yeah, I thought the same thing, when I heard about this Innovator of the Year award, which I don't care about.

Maybe if someone or a company was planning it (like when Lily used to do event planning at the GCAC) it might have impact when it blows apart but as it is, they've already telegraphed where Ashley's part of the storyline will end up.

Brent Davis, the gigolo is looking more like the mutual link between Ashley and Graham.

• Members

Exactly. There’s just no big potential payoff of any kind.

SO FRICKIN WHAT if 50 year old Traci is shocked? SO WHAT??? Who cares is Billy and Abby are surprised???

And speaking of scandals, why isn’t The Hilary Hour covering the sex ring story? That’s not as juicy as the Newmans and Abbotts? Frickin Mariah works there and never mentioned the show covering it.

Archived