Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I won't give spoilers about tomorrow BUT I will say this much.  The Hillary Hour stuff was, imo, good.  like, it felt like an actual interview you'd see on a morning show as they were getting technical with talkign about the formulation.

Other things stood out but it seems more...detailed.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just flipped past the first MY-written episode today, and wow, the lighting is so bad on this show. It's somehow both too harsh and too dark.

The shot of Billy's legs dangling as seen from Phyllis's window felt very cheeky in that British soap way.

• Members

This episode felt very All My Children circa mid 00s, seeing Amanda Beal's name as the script writer definitely made sense. I love the faster pacing so far and the show definitely has more energy again. Still taking a wait and see approach

Those Billy and Phyllis scenes were legitimately funny. I love those two together but Jack and Phyllis will always do it for me more, been loving their scenes lately as well. Its the only time I can tolerate PB's acting and GT just fits so right as his leading lady. I hope in a year they put them back together

Hilary and Lily's throwing shots during the GC Buzz interview was also hilarious. Hill is in a much better position now than she was a few months back. Oh and Ck's body in that red earlier in the week?? 

Please register in order to view this content

Cane wasn't on today but I can already tell with him suddenly taking care of Juliet and easing up on Reed and Mattie that DG and the Lane stans whining has worked and he's going back to being the boring, upstanding lucky scumbag he was before SSM tried to make him interesting. Sad because he had become one of my favorites.

I still don't care about Victoria's mystery illness. I hope this is getting wrapped soon.

Poor MCE is never getting her previous leading lady status back. She's a great actress but the loss of Adam + regime changes rendered her irrelevant, and unlike GT her current pairing has done nothing to save her from it. Chelsea offering to be Vicki's assistant for the day again reminded me of the AMC Fusion days, but like something they would have Simone or one of the 10 irrelevant Fusion fill ins do.

Missing Dina, yawn. Glad Paul seems to have found her already 

Zack flipping things on Scott like this was actually a nice twist. Unfortunately the guy playing Scott still sucks. I mean you wake up with a dead body next to you and thats your reaction???? He completely took me out of the show/story. Please someone recast or get rid of the character altogether.

• Members

I rarely comment in this thread anymore because I feel like we're watching different shows and have different expectations of Y&R.  I liked Sally's Y&R a hell of a lot better than anything anyone else has offered since the first 6 months of MAB.  The pacing, directing, stories- all had that old school Y&R feel to me.  It was like coming home.

If today's any indication, MY's version is not going to be my cup of tea.  The entire hour felt very sophomoric.  Even Victoria, who I finally found a bit interesting under Sally, seems to have regressed.   It felt very LML and that's not a good thing.   I guess I'll give it time, but I don't have very high hopes for this regime.  At all.

Archived