Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Weirdness....Victoria wrecks her car and Chelsea appears out of nowhere— her only scene the entire show.

Stupid....banged up Victoria agrees to appear on The Hilary Hour the next day? Hoping her banged up face is cured? I hope that B&S mask messes her up even more.

Head-scratching....Cane moves Juliet in with him? Not remotely believable, especially since he now doesn’t seem to care about his twins.

Face-palm....Phyllis knows Billy worked her computer, yet leaves her phone easily available to him? Huh?

• Members

It started out fairly interesting but devolved into stupidity. They centered/played the wrong beats if this was the turn they were gonna make. 

Writers wasted months centering Hilary plotting to get Jordan back, building up Cane/Hilary and Jordan/Lily, and animosity between Hilary/Juliet instead of Hilary/Lily.  Only to now have a cane/Juliet romance brewing, Hilary/Jordan to randomly get back together in the most lackluster way to continue to be an offscreen relationship, lily "dump" Jordan to flirt with random guys (Nick) in bars. I can't figure out what story they are telling. I don't even think they know. 

• Members

Watching last week's Y&R.

The differences seems clear to me on Mon and Tues alone.

SSM has already left and this is someone else writing. Jack jumping to the hospital to Jabot and back inbetween backtoback scenes is glaring.

That said...what if it was Kristen Dimera dealing with Graham and Not Ashley Abbot because ED was giving him the Kristen look. lol.

• Members

ETA END OF TUESDAY

That Gloria/Nikki scene took such a far turn left that It was not even funny. And no to Victor/Gloria.

I thought this round of Victor v Nick actually had legs and definitely got Nick somewhat back to how he used to be under good writing. Alas...

• Members

Y&R casting standards are bottom of the barrel. So many actors and actresses who should NOT be on the soap right now. The once elite Y&R is no longer...instead we have a bad cast and awful written soap left.

Billy & Cane are full of bull.

• Members

@ranger1rg Phyllis intentionally left her phone to trap Billy. Clearly, the new team shifted the story fast so it's a bit illogical. As long as StePhyllis is gone forever, I don't care how they get there. GT had so much fire, I'm sure it's been a frustrating 3 years for her with only brief arcs where she can really rock. 

• Members

She's still credited.  

For real, though.  A random meet-up in the gym and Jordan asks her out, after having us sit through all that bullshit the last month.  Chile, please.  What's up with the Magical Newman Penis on this show?  Between Victor and Nick (and Adam), they've bred with the whole of Genoa City females at this point.  Now out of the clear blue friggin sky, Lily wants to climb on board.  Ugh.  Y'all know Nick is gonna hit it.  

The entire Cane story is a big azz let down.  The character was finally interesting and one of the reasons to watch a couple months ago.  And now he's playing house with Juliet?  It makes no sense.  Hell, for that matter it makes no sense he's living at the Chancellor Estate.  If all it took was calling Jill for her to install him as Chancellor CEO, why didn't he fuckin do that in the first place before raiding Charlie and Maddie's college fund?  Again, it. makes. no. sense.

The Phyllis/Billy "fight" scenes today were not good.  It felt...off.  And I'm not buying that this is the return of a Phyllis With Balls.  We were lured into that trap when GT joined, only to have her whimpering in a corner about Jack.  Then Billy.  The real Phyllis would not only have fucked Billy while married to Jack, but kicked them both the curb once the affair was revealed.  Not the other way around.  

It's clear they don't know what to do with half the characters on this show.

TPTB should be writing for Charlie.  The actor has great potential, tons of charisma and is clearly (IMO) the better talent of the twins.  He deserves better.

• Members

+1

Charlie is Mattie's talk to and they only aged him because they had to. I would be shocked if he ever gets a story akin to what mattie is getting now.

I don't know what the show is doing with Lily BUT, wouldn't Jordan be the best option to have revenge sex with? They randomly turned her away from that and towards Nick in a day. Totally different from the story they were telling but wouldn't commit to.

Archived