Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Interesting point about Noah and Devon's relationships being underdeveloped. Devon's character could've been labeled underdeveloped until recently (when his relationship with Hilary started to take flight). 

In some ways, the adult version of Noah's character remains somewhat underdeveloped.

I'm still waiting for both Devon and Noah to be known for something to which their respective fathers are not directly attached or for something that is not linked to their romantic partners.

As ridiculous as that whole Naked Heiress era was, at least there is evidence that adult Abby had something for which the character is known on her own.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think a whole day fit into one episode could work if it's done correctly and the plots are paced where they climax on different days..and the fall outs/beats are played out on other days.

Plus we could have two characters talk on the phone in one episode at night saying they are going to meet the next day because they need to talk...and then the next epsode can have them meet to eithet drop a bombshell, or have a reunion, etc.

It can be done, mal young and writers just need to make the stories climax at different places...and also please play out the fallout.

Sussman is leaving the show in an ok pattern...if mal young is smart, he can play out the fall out of the ashley/dina/Graham story...and finish out the Sharon story.  If he opts to model this show after the UK soaps, he could be featuring Traci more since she is a salt of the earth character.

I don't like that he wants to use Neil...his character is kind of played out..imho

• Members

I'll say this much (since my SOD status button is acting up AGAIN)...that SOD cover about what's coming for Y&R (other than Nikki on it) isn't going to make ANY of you happy.

However, it goes back to what we have been saying re: SSM writing vs MY favorites.

• Members

Someone mentioned that the new issue of SOD (I'll see it next week) has the Mal Young interview. For the last few weeks since it was announced that SSM was leaving a lot of us have been debating interference and if what we are seeing now her writing or what he tweaked/had a hand in. Going by the characters on the cover and people's opinion here I don't think anyone is going to like that cover when they see it. Other than Nikki of course.

• Members

I kind of enjoyed Sharon being angry at Nick for giving the money away. She has no real right, but still it seemed realistic.  At the same time it didn't make a lot of sense given the characters history. She's had her chances to take Nick for a nice chunk of change over the years and always demurred, much to my annoyance. Also, who believes anyone of these Newman grand kids will ever have to struggle to pay the rent?

• Members

ITA.

I liked Phyllis confronting Nick about it too.

I've never cared for Nick & Phyllis as a couple but just as with Sharon it seemed like a perfectly logical way for the mothers of Nick's children to react despite being fairly wealthy themselves.

Nick doesn't have to worry about his kids mooching off of him. Noah seems to want to get married & run the underground franchise and Summer has disappeared into the jungles of South America. The rest of his kids are still too young to have career aspirations.

Devon will be working with clients (other than Tessa) at HWG offscreen (which will be the extent of his upcoming story).

Please register in order to view this content

Archived