Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

@DeeeDee Spot on with Ashley. Though I never understood the need for her multiple breakdowns. It's a bit illogical for the character. If any Abbott should've cracked, it'd be Aunt Jack. It too late now, but Ashley should've been portrayed as strong enough to handle life's obstacles. She was the moral compass to Jack's shady behavior (pre-PB, of course). 

It could be worse, she hasn't put her head in an oven - yet. Another Bell yuk that undid all the positives that had been established by 'non-Barbie' Traci. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's interesting that when Eileen plays Ashley, breakdowns are the go to for the character.  When Brenda played Ashley, her character was warm yet very tough.  She handled the death of her therapist husband, being married to Victor, dumping Victor when she realized he still had feelings for Nikki, went toe to toe verbally with Mari Jo, and dealt with the evil twin story.. and only left town to clear her head after the blade twin situation.. and only cause the actress left.

• Members

Graham is so revolting. I don't understand why he says things he know he is going to get into trouble for. I thought it was hilarious Ashley grabbed him by tie. He just says horrible to their face like he wants them to get so upset, he is so awful mean and cold.

I love Dina told Graham as she is awake that she remembers all he said during their argument the night before.

I love how Lily is being given a chance to fly and it makes sense since Neil and Victoria were always very close friends for years. Always having each others back. I also don't think it's just because Neil asked. I can tell Victoria genuinely feels she can do this. I can't say she is wrong, she is intelligent and she can learn what she doesn't know by hands-on with Victoria just as Victoria did when she started at Newman in the mailroom working her way up and also even worked for Jabot as a teen.

I cannot understand how Jill could give Cane a CEO position at Chancellor? I don't get how they have Jill falling for a person like Colin who's family has had mob ties? I'm shocked but I am not cause she has seemed to favor Cane even when he and his father did awful awful things.

Funny how Victor will make everything good with Nick and the rest of the family if Nikki moves back home to him. Also going to Billy cause he wants Victoria back in his life cause she also cut him back when he did certain things with Reed.

Now seems Graham probably had Dina moved. Obviously she didn't get up on her own in that condition. He wants her dead and has no change of heart. He is a liar, he put that sign behind her door so she couldn't be helped but rather he wanted her to die.

I know. I would think with all those witnesses and the tape Hillary has it would be easy. Maybe for drama purposes they will pretend not to even think of it but it's obvious that people know and had to be speaking about his awful comments. Plus that video.

• Members

Watched the live Y&R facebook A&Q with BM and ED. They said fans are loving the Dina story and getting positive mail from it. ED said there is still a lot more to come with the Dina story. BM says she loves working with MA again and stays at her place when she is taping Y&R. And that MA is like a mother to her. ED said the same thing...she loves having MA back. There was some fond memories of TL and JD by both ladies.

• Members

Fans want more BM too and are hoping she will be around for the holidays. BM was glad to hear that and said she hopes she is on more because it's like coming home.

With SS material wrapping up....I am assuming that Mel decided to continue the story. And it looks like MA isn't leaving just yet. The ladies said that MA is glad to be back too and loves giving them advice....LOL

• Members

Yeah! I'm so glad that MA is as beloved by the cast. Who could've imagined that her presence would have centered the entire Abbott clan after years of drifting? As I said in the spoiler thread, Dina is a character that is completely organic to the Y&R canvas with real, not retcon, relationships and ties to GC that allow for future stories. 

I'll gladly thank SSM for three things: 1) MA; 2) Restoring Sharon and Neil's dignity and 3) giving Lily back her career. 

• Members

ON LAST THURSDAY...and seeing the event.

So Traci and Ashley found out that Graham is from GC and his real name? Nice to see movement.

Hilary looks dynamite. She walked in and sassed Nikki. LOVE.

Hevon...le sigh.

Nick did WHAT?!?

• Members

They would be absolute fools not too. As long as she’s healthy and able, I would keep her around.

Anyone with some actual legal background know if Graham really could get away with all of this? Or is a lot of the not allowing the family in stuff even after he publicly revealed he was playing Dina, just soapy tv stuff?

• Members

I am encouraged what Mal is going to with YR. Its clear hes tweeked this last week of YR. Its so much better then anything Sally had all year long. Eileen D should win the emmy she has been dynamite. I think all Mal needs is a co exec producer. Why not promote Sally McDonald to co exec as she has been there forever.

• Members

I saw a summary. Only thing that stood out was him wanting things to happen real time. Doesn't like parties lasting 3 days. "if it's Monday then it should be Monday on the show."  Wardrobe is up to the task and excited about a bigger budget. 

My opinion, You can't play proper beats like that. But I guess we will see. 

Archived