Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no agenda against DAYS. I’m enjoying it a lot since Ron C took over. I just don’t think it’s THAT good (nor would I expect it to be) and I don’t think it’s close yet in quality to Y&R.

And clearly, we ARE talking about it, so I don’t know what your lecture is about. You ask “Who cares if some of us aren’t happy with it?” Huh? If that’s the case, why have a board at all? 

I’ve said before that you’re entitled to your opinions. I never said you weren’t, yet you’re again repeating that. I don’t need to “learn a little bit” on how to talk to other posters I disagree with. While I might criticize someone’s opinion of the show, you’re criticizing me. Just remember that. 

If you don’t like my posting style, fine. You don’t have to read my posts. If I criticized your posts, I’d be less harsh about your response here. I just don’t get why you or anyone has to speak for the entire board.

i have NO problem with you or any other poster here, KMan. None. If you don’t want to read my posts, it’s easy to block me. 

• Members

You’re taking things way too personally. I don’t need to block you. But i was responding to you and those who say they like the show as it is now and that’s great all I did was try to suggest posting about what’s great instead of lecturing and a few other posters chimed in to say they like the show too but they implied they seemed afraid to post what they liked so that’s all I was doing was  saying who cares if some of us complain, post anyway about what you like, why is the negativity a deterrent. We all have our likes and dislikes and sometimes you don’t seem respectful of that but it seems my attempt at advice rubbed you wrong and you took it as a lecture (that was far from a lecture) so my mistake for attempting to engage. Sorry to have bothered you. My intentions were very much misunderstood by you. Hope you have a nice day.

I love the Dina and Ashley stuff. I liked seeing strong Sharon and Alice but not the story itself. The Cane/Juliet/Lily Story has lost any momentum it had and now I couldn’t care less. The Nick/Victor feud is stupid and makes them both look awful.

• Members

I didn’t take anything too personally. You’re the one who claims I have some agenda against DAYS. You say you were “trying to suggest.”  I saw it as a lecture. You weren’t just attempting to engage, so please don’t embarrass yourself by distorting what your intentions were. Besides, perception is reality. I get to decide how your post reads to me.

You were forceful and pretty harsh, and I was forceful and pretty harsh in return. Now you’re acting as if I completely misunderstood your entire post.

I didn’t.

You did not bother me. I’m not crazy about the passive/aggressive stuff in your last posts to me, but you have the right to do it your way — just as I do. I will take to heart that I try to be more respectful of others. I don’t intentionally try to take others down. But if your perception is that I’m disrespectful, I have to evaluate what I’m writing here.

I’m not the awful person you seem to think I am. You probably despise Trump as much as I do.

Enjoy your week, and let’s hope Y&R has a solid week, too. 

• Members

Not everything reads as how we take it on the internet but that's OK. I said what I said and you said what you said. I still have no real issue with you, I do NOT think you are awful, and yes I really was just trying to engage but feel free to take it however you want to (no one likes anyone else pointing out how they are perceived, myself included I suppose, so I understand you took it as a lecture), that's the right you have. I don't always go about it the best of ways and there was nothing I'm "embarrassed" about, not trying to distort or backtrack. I speak my mind, as do you, whether anyone likes it or not. We are who we are. lol. I do apologize because I wasn't necessarily respectful, which is what I was pointing out to you, so that makes me a hypocrite I suppose. LOL.

And yep, I do hate the current White House resident as much as you do. THAT'S embarrassment right there. LOL

Let's just hope the soaps can improve. I don't have much faith in MY, considering he's been the producer of Sussman's writing, but who knows? Miracles can happen, I suppose.

Sorry about the 'agenda' thing towards DAYS. I'm willing to admit I read you wrong on that one. But I still find it highly more entertaining and interesting to me than the current Y&R.

Anyway, I'm sure no one else gives a flying [!@#$%^&*] about this, lol, so moving on ...

• Members

I wish they'd end it!

The last 5 min or so of the episode was pre-empted.  Dina collapses and then pre-emption. I don't think we missed much because in today's show it starts off with Graham leaving a collapsed Dina in the hotel room.

• Members

Todays episode was a nice continuation of the Abbott family drama. Loved having PB, BM, and ED all in long meaningful scenes today. 

Today it became more clear that Scott and Abby are SSM/MY end game, something I've suspected since Scott went to work for Victor.

• Members

@Hunk Chandler Massey The big miss on Scott - not nearly enough time with Lauren - to get his personality showing - more like to give him one because he's very 2-dimensional. While Sharon's return to normal has been helped by Scott, he still feel like a new character - not a legacy character who was at the center of one of Y&R's most iconic stories.

Scott could literally not be shown again - without explanation - and have zero impact on the show: Lauren would keep showing up for meetings with Phyllis; Sharon would be involved with her kids and Nick; Abby would be at Newman or navigating the Ashley drama; the sex-ring - yeah that could disappear with him. 

Archived