B&B Recasting Major Role

John

• Members

have you seen recent pics? He looks rough. It would be a gag if Bell recast the roll w/ another rough-looking old guy, instead of going younger. It would mean he just doesn't lie Winsor, and Thorne will actually get story... 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thorne will always play second and third fiddle to Widge and BEEL and the two bland youngster males Lame and Wally.

It's too bad because back when Winsor Harmon was recast as Thorne, Louisiana accent apart, he was a breath of fresh air. Boyishly sexy, funny, and actually a decent guy, he really gave that walking Ken doll Ridge a run for his money. I was so ready for him to topple that a-hole from Brooke's affections! He also had chemistry with absolutely everybody.

I don't understand, if true, the plan to de-age Thorne?? I mean KKL is still Brooke and while she looks good for her age, she is still upwards of 45! Meanwhile, TK looks to be entering his 60s and not gracefully. DD is a carefully preserved 50 if he's a day. Thorne will have to be on a par with Bill's age group. Does the show need another 45-50 something male? It barely knows what to do with its current cast. Not to mention, John McCook is still in there, fighting the good fight for Peepaw Eric to get some.

• Members

So Brad Bell decides to replace Thomas with Thorne since the younger ladies will always be busy with Liam.

How about Trevor St. John? 

Perhaps he wants to replace Eric with Thorne in the Quinn/Sheila stories.

I was about to say that Susan Walters is rather young to play Margo (I am still dreaming of Anna Stuart playing the part) But soaps don't care about ages anymore. The days where EON's Nicole desorasing and DOOL's Mike Horton never aging felt weird seem to be over. Susan Walters could be Taylor though, since Brad loves bringing back familiar names with a new face.

• Members

For real. What is up with Bradley Bell and WH? There's got to be more to the story here. WH is more than a capable actor who could be a leading actor if they actually wrote for Thorne. Brooke & Thorne in 1999-2001 was a HOT coupling. It made NO sense that they've never revisited that. Hell, they've even revisited Brooke/Eric once or twice since their early 90's marriage. 

If they're recasting for someone slightly younger and "demo friendly" (despite B&B skewing towards the 65+ crowd) soon, the Thorne/Ridge/Kristen/Felicia Forrester "kids" will be the same age as their own kids. 

Archived