frequentsoapfan

Most Ridiculous Soap Moments

Speaking of babies, three particularly notorious late-in-life babies come to my mind.

GL's Reva gave birth to Colin after a well-publicized menopause story.

And as much as I love the Carl/Rachel story on AW (she paid forward to Carl the gift of redeeming love Mac had given her), that entire story with the twins was pretty ridiculous, considering it was about thirty years after the birth of Rachel's first child.

kalbir   
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:30 AM, Fevuh said:

Yesterday they showed Wyatt and Katie in bed and Katie said something like "you are top 3 for sure" or something to Wyatt.  I was hoping she would say - well, you know, your Dad is better in bed than you, he is the stallion after all.  hahahahaha. 

Who would've thought Victoria, I mean Katie, would be such a cougar LOL. Not to mention following the footsteps of her skank sisters Brooke and Grace, I mean Donna, and sleeping with a father/son set haha.

This must be the first time that Heather Tom has a love interest that is younger than her. On both shows she was often paired with actors a good decade or more older than her.

Sindacco   
On 2017-09-08 at 10:58 PM, Gray Bunny said:

-1998, Vivian (high from Stefano's mood-altering device in her tooth) falling out of a hot air balloon, so Ivan jumped out of the basket to save her, miraculously being able to grip a hold of her legs until they safely landed in a shallow pond. 

Those were two different scenes. The first was when Vivian went skydiving but Stefano changed her mood without knowing she was in the air. Vivian got scared and didn't open her parachute. Ivan jumped out of the plane and screamed "I'M COMING MADAME!"
Later that same year, Vivian and Stefano got married in a hot air balloon, and Vivian fell out went she tried to feed the birds.

Khan   
On 9/9/2017 at 12:50 AM, Dax7000 said:

AMC- The god awful re-write of Erica's legendary abortion.

Which served no purpose in the long run.  Honestly, they were better off suggesting Josh was another, long-lost son of Eric Kane's.

2 hours ago, Sindacco said:

Those were two different scenes. The first was when Vivian went skydiving but Stefano changed her mood without knowing she was in the air. Vivian got scared and didn't open her parachute. Ivan jumped out of the plane and screamed "I'M COMING MADAME!"
Later that same year, Vivian and Stefano got married in a hot air balloon, and Vivian fell out went she tried to feed the birds.

Oh okay, so that's TWO separate completely ridiculous scenes. 

20 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Days- Carly being buried alive in a coffin. I thought at the time that was the most ridiculous thing I had seen.

Why? All My Children and The Young and the Restless did it first. I'd love to see those stories to compare.

15 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Days- Carly being buried alive in a coffin. I thought at the time that was the most ridiculous thing I had seen.

I loved every ridiculous second of that one.  It's still my favorite of Reilly's outlandish DAYS plots.

Dax7000   
On 9/19/2017 at 10:39 AM, Khan said:

Which served no purpose in the long run.  Honestly, they were better off suggesting Josh was another, long-lost son of Eric Kane's.

I agree. They also could have said he was the son of the long dead Silver Kane and hated Erica for some reason.

Khan   
22 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

In retrospect, though, it was much more believable than everything that came after.

5 minutes ago, Dax7000 said:

They also could have said he was the son of the long dead Silver Kane and hated Erica for some reason.

The long-lost son of Silver Kane and maybe Dr. Damon Lazarre?  Raised by not-so-dead grandmother Goldie?  Works for me!

Edited by Khan

Dax7000   
4 minutes ago, Khan said:

The long-lost son of Silver Kane and maybe Dr. Damon Lazarre?  Raised by not-so-dead grandmother Goldie?  Works for me!

That would have been great! Such a shame they ignored the show's history. 

On 9/20/2017 at 8:14 PM, Hunk Chandler Massey said:

They did it to Vivian a few years back and had a monitor in it giving her live feed of everyone outside. And it had a speaker so she could hear them.