frequentsoapfan

Most Ridiculous Soap Moments

ReddFoxx   
On 9/8/2017 at 6:09 PM, frequentsoapfan said:

Deacon having Bridget's family listen to him take her virginity on B&B was so ridiculous. They sat there yelling and crying instead of hanging up the phone.

That scene was so idiotic. It was hard to tell who was more messed up; Deacon for wanting them to hear that or those fools listening to it instead of hanging up.

Cheap21   
8 hours ago, SFK said:

What the heck was that brown slime about?

Faison had a mask on that made him look like Duke. He got hot soup thrown in his face and it melted off, revealing his true identity

EQSNeXW.gif

That was the audience's reaction too

More ridiculous moments

When Darla's head turned evil

udFXDMZ.gif

Bob Barker beating up Wyatt. Not that I minded but it was so random

2juDA4b.gif

XXxYnw4.gif

Sami gets into a fight with a 6 year old

USUfMjw.gif

This. She is pulling away from the item she is trying to kick instead of moving closer to it

TblkXgV.gif

The overly dramatic fall

WAhvl21.gif

He bit the ear

qARexai.gif

Ron thought he was clever with that one

YfM7KtO.gif

Edited by Cheap21

Jerry675   
On 9/8/2017 at 10:58 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

ATWT: Barbara Ryan doing her Groucho Marx sendup before jumping out of the window during her trial.  In this video clip starting at 5:53, I thought she was going to go full Norma Desmond but then she launched into Groucho. The whole contrived mess of them letting her out of her handcuffs when she already looked unhinged. Who likes this dreck??

Love this clip.  It was ridiculous at the time, but it was a pinnacle moment for Hogan and Jean's Barbara.  They revitalized the character.  It led to some very rich and powerful storytelling later.  CZ was FAB.

Fevuh   

Most people are picking the totally over the top moments - but I'll pick the ones that are just stupid, obvious, and dumb because they're not well thought out. 

B&B - Quinn has an outdoor shower built for Eric.  I guess they couldn't afford one before, they said he'd always wanted one, so Quinn had one put in. (??????????).  In what is clearly the driveway set of the Forrester mansion.  Where suddently trees are everywhere so that Katie can take an iPhone video of Ridge and Quinn. 

The Newman Towers burning for 3 days while the Genoa City Po Po used their only helicopter on at least 4 "last trips" before the building will fall to rescue people....Newman Towers has a helipad but no helicopter.  Neither does the hospital apparently.  Or any other county.  Only 1 helicopter. Victor has a tower with a helipad but no helicopter  He's got a jet, and no helicopter for his helipad.

Edited by Fevuh

1 hour ago, GMac said:

San Cristobel

Still wondering how Reva made her way from San Cristobel, the Caribbean island with horrific blizzards, to Goshen, Indiana. 

19 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

Still wondering how Reva made her way from San Cristobel, the Caribbean island with horrific blizzards, to Goshen, Indiana. 

Lol.  Did the show never address it?  Other than the original Annie story, not a single Reva story from that era was good it seems.

GMac   
1 hour ago, Gray Bunny said:

IKR?  It was pretty ridiculous 

Practically everything on B&B the last few years could qualify as the most ridiculous moment.

I bet Susan Flannery (if she's even watching) congratulates herself on getting out in time.

Soapsuds   
12 minutes ago, JellicleCat said:

Practically everything on B&B the last few years could qualify as the most ridiculous moment.

I bet Susan Flannery (if she's even watching) congratulates herself on getting out in time.

Susan has said that she doesn't watch the show.

Fevuh   
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, Soapsuds said:

Susan has said that she doesn't watch the show.

Like you I tune in a couple of times a week for the laughs; it's so ridiculous.  Yesterday they showed Wyatt and Katie in bed and Katie said something like "you are top 3 for sure" or something to Wyatt.  I was hoping she would say - well, you know, your Dad is better in bed than you, he is the stallion after all.  hahahahaha. 

The whole Steffy angst over Liam taking over Spencer makes no sense whatsoever, it's like she's completely distraught over it.  For what?  They really just blow opportunities for decent dialogue writing.  Liam confronting his father and Bill calling out his blackmail the portions I saw - I was waiting for Liam to say something like "well you always call me out for being too ethical and always doing the right thing and saying I'm not enough like you, that Wyatt is...well, now you see.  You just didn't know that I'm alot more like you than I thought and, you know?...I kinda like it, Dad.  See, I really am like you and I get what I want too", etc.   But they didn't...they had a lot of yelling from Wyatt which was weird - I can't stand any of them.  How old is Wyatt anyway?  In his 30's?  All he's ever done is run to Mommy or Daddy when he doesn't get what he wants.  Then in another scene I saw Brooke so surprised over Bill and the arson....she said something like, "BEEEL....but CRIMINAL activity!???"  Are we not supposed to have a memory?  He had Ridge dumped out of a helicopter hahahahahaha.  She doesn't know he does this stuff all the time???

And I really for some reason never noticed how bad Don Diamont is as an actor.  He delivers lines so fake most of the time and is so cartoonish.  I said before even when he is supposed to sound evil it sounds stupid and then the staring off "angrily" at the end of every show or scene.

Edited by Fevuh
addition

juppiter   
On 9/12/2017 at 1:05 AM, Jerry675 said:

Love this clip.  It was ridiculous at the time, but it was a pinnacle moment for Hogan and Jean's Barbara.  They revitalized the character.  It led to some very rich and powerful storytelling later.  CZ was FAB.

She was good for a while, but by the time it got to this point she was just chewing scenery. 

Another ridiculous one from ATWT - David Stenbeck switches Holden and Lily's baby with another baby. But instead of finding a white baby to switch it with, he switches it with a baby that is half black (we would later learn it was Denise and Andy's baby.) Lily swears it's not her baby and everyone thinks she's crazy. 

Of course, at first Lily's baby was cast with a white baby. It wasn't until Denise showed up in Oakdale months later that they gave Lily a black baby, and it just looked ridiculous. 

Sad thing is, as ridiculous as the whole David Stenbeck/Reid Hamilton baby switch saga was, it was actually an improvement. The mid 90s had been rough. 

Edited by juppiter