DAYS: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just caught a few eps. Has this show long since decided it doesn't want to be taken seriously? From what I gather there are 2 doppelgängers ?? I feel bad for the few good actors left.

I'm interested in seeing Chandler Massey again. Nice to see Lucas Horton still in it.

• Members

No, they don't have the budget. I say do it as a one-day/one-week nightmare of Marlena's if they want to do some sort of throwback of previous storylines (a la OLTL's 40th revisit of Iguazu Falls, time traveling, etc.) 

I doubt there'd be any controversy. They've done it before, it's 22 years later, and there's only 2 million viewers. Their best bet at stirring up mainstream controversy would be if Paul, Sonny, and Will were to have a graphic threesome love scene. It's always "the gay thing" that'll get middle American soap viewers up in arms. 

• Members

So...I've been watching Days the last week or so. Watched about 10 episodes. Turns out it's mainly only the Marlena storyline which is bad. I've been enjoying the rest. I do think the way American soaps are written needs to be modernised - like how a scene between 2 characters is dragged out for like 3 or 4 scenes - it makes it feel less realistic and is quite old-fashioned.

I do struggle to understand the connections between some of the characters though. I like the look of JJ Devereaux 

Please register in order to view this content

Was trying to work out how he's related to Hope?

The woman who plays Nicole Walker is one of the best actors in this show. Might start watching regularly so hope you don't mind if I post in here a bit  

Archived