DAYS: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who can deny that soaps have been stagnant for decades?  It's the death of the genre. Still, if we accept it for what it is, I'll say that I think Days is better than it's been recently.  No, not great, but when I get to the end of the episode I usually look forward to the next. 

Jen's face during Hattie's press conference was hilarious.  I also liked that Hope was as loyal to Hattie as she could reasonably be.  That makes me like Hope more than any romance with Rafe ever could. I didn't realize that Lucas is a poor woman's (me circa 1992)  Skeet Ulrich until the other day. I can't believe I've never seen it before. I agree that Nicole should be long gone. She's not going to end up with Brady or Eric so I don't really see the point in dragging it out. Maybe it gives Eric and Nicole fans some closure, but I would have rather seen that happen in a year or two when Nicole comes back (in one form or another).

• Members

Today's episode had Ron Carlivati's stamp all over it. It was a Will/Wilson episode. I loved it even though the writing by David Krietzman wasn't that great.

Why are they making Jennifer look like Granny from The Beverly Hillbillies?

JJ and Paul...hmmmmm.....would make a great pairing....just sayin......if not I have no use for Paul anymore....LOL

Chad and Sonny and that kiss....hahaha......another interesting pairing...if only.....and Sonny feeling guilty....yeah right...2 years too late...

I would love to see JJ and Paul hook up and Will find someone new and have Sonny out in the cold......LOL

The writing for the Will/Lucas could have been better. So Lucas fell off the wagon because Adrienne dumped and not Will's death? Lucas falling off the wagon should have happened sooner and lead up to his recover with Will's return. The writing for Lucas in those scenes could have been so much better. I wish I could have written those scenes.

I can't believe I actually watched a whole hour episode of Days.

I can most definitely ship JJ & Paulie. They generated an unintentional homoetric vibe. Sonny & Chaddie also generated a homoetric vibe. It almost looked like they were going to kiss a few times. Today's episode was good. The scenes with Lucas & Will were heartbreaking, These were the kind of scenes the should have been written after Will's senseless murder. I also liked the vagueness of the Lucas/Will scenes. Was Will a figment of Lucas's alcohol soaked mind? Or was that really Will?

Archived