B&B: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Breathy Brooke/Nikki voice:  "But BEEEEEEEEEL?  CRIMINAL acTIVITY????"  Bill:  "I'm TRYING TO MAKE MONEY here! What's so WRONG with THAT!?"  Brooke:  "But you could have KEEEELED SOMEONE BEEEL! I don't even KNOW YOU RIGHT NOWWW!"  Crocodile tears.  Bill:  Director's note:  LOOK ANGRILY INTO THE CAMERA RIGHT NOW!  NOW LOOK OFF CAMERA!  FADE TO COMMERCIAL! 

• Members

I have long felt like Brooke and Bill was B&B's attempt at Victor and Nikki. Thorsten Kaye is terrible and has no chemistry with KKL, so I actually didn't loathe Brill. However, the show is terrible and would need to do a major overhaul to keep me watching. I dislike almost the entire younger set, and sorry, but I don't care about the Spectras. Maybe if they hadn't killed off Macy and Darla. I do like Patrika Darbo.

I must say, stupid "betrayal" whining aside, I did enjoy seeing KKL yell at Bill. It's so unusual to hear her voice outside of the normal breathy or whining tones she uses. It actually makes me think that maybe she'd pull off a quality performance if the show ever gave her good material. Even mediocre actresses, like MTS and Susan Lucci, had moments, so she might be one of those.

• Members

KKL is very underrated as an actor - part of it has to do with the complete objectification and sex-hungry element of the character that just doesn't stop. I mean did she really need to be in the swimwear when she first questioned $B? No. Brooke is supposed to be a college-educated brilliant chemist and supposed to be smart. It should've happened years ago, but they should focus on that element - smart, businessperson and the voice of reason. Except for the Katie/$B thing, Brooke rarely does anything terrible - especially compared to every other character on the show (except for Lame). 

I still content PD should've been a recast Sally instead of this random Shirley person. They should dump Stall, Dumblita and CoCoPuffs and just keep S2 and Shirley. I still think moving Zombie and Sasha to Spectra would've been a good move or even Rick/Myrna - have them compete with Widge and C2 instead of being boxed in at FC. 

• Members
iGnN1hV.png

Why is it taking forever to finish this ugly ass portrait?  Everyone else seems to be able to have theirs made at the drop of a dime

And Brooke needs to STFU. She is overreacting. I get her being mad but the yelling and hysterics is just too over the top for me. She said she gave up an entire life to marry Bill. Huh? What about her life has changed since that happened? Only thing is she isnt with Ridge and she didnt give that up. She left him bc he lied and cheated on her

Please register in order to view this content

And Quinn didnt learn her lesson? Stop calling Sheila a bitch

• Members

I thought KKL was excellent during the rape story, but they REFUSE to give her good material. As you mentioned, they have long downplayed Brooke's being a businesswoman, not to mention ignore her chemist background. I would like to see that element of her persona again. What does she actually do at Forrester now? They have her looking over documents and such, but her actual job is unspecified. Is she in charge of the lab? Head of development? Brooke's Bedroom still going?

I personally felt the Deacon affair was when they took the character too far. The whoring around with Forresters could be forgiven since the Forrester men were willing participants, not the victims Stephanie portrayed them as. But Deacon and Brooke was vile due to the Bridget betrayal.

• Members

The Bells found a Formula type of writing.  Ashley on Y&R should be a chemist in a lab.  Brooke is the girl chemist in a lab.  No one notices this.  Jill and Katherine were the young woman vs. old woman on the show.  Brooke and Stephanie were the  young woman vs. old woman on the show.  Victor is the evil on Y&R, only better.  Don Diamont today - trying to be Victor Newman - only he's horrible.  On B&B - the two warring Fashion Houses - Stephanie vs. Sally.  Now it's Steffy Vs. Sally.  And have no really good actors that are black people on B&BB&B has done this for their entire tenure.  Need extraneous characters?  Hey, they had the Marones.  We have the Lavants whenever they show up.  We have Justin, the evil $Bill black guy that remains loyal.  We also have secretaries...one goes with Wyatt wherever he goes because she's his wife.  The one casting thing they've done so well is Steffy - more and more lip injections to look like Hunter Tylo.  Was Lisa Rinna ever on this show?  Steffy looks like she stuck her face in a beehive.   I saw 5 minutes this week, and did Brooke say to Steffy - "I thought you'd be happy about me being with Ridge?  I could be back with your Father."  And Steffy said something mindless..."So...are you?  Is that what you want?"  Is Steffy Brooke's daughter?  LOL.  I thought Taylor gave birth to her.  I know Taylor is Steffy's mother...but for Brooke to say - I thought you'd be glad I could be with your Father?  NOTHING MAKES SENSE.  LOL.  Just like everyone's love for both Quinn and Sheila.  You cannot have a memory of yesterday and watch this show.  Oh - and...Wyatt:  "Yo BRO.  you won't be sitting there in that chair LONG BRO!"  Liam/Lame-o:  " HEY BRO....KNOCK BEFORE YOU ENTER BRO!"  WYATT:  "REALLY BRO!? MY DAD.  MY DAD OWNS THIS COMPANY BRO!"  LIAM "RIGHT BRO BUT I OWN IT NOW BRO!"  Ok - so it's not quite that BAD - but it's so CLOSE it's not funny. 

• Members

I noticed the Bell trademarks- Brooke being a chemist, Stephanie and Brooke being a, in my opinion, poor man's Katherine and Jill. The Bill Spencer as Victor thing is something I mentioned.  The issue for me is it's all awful. Bill's too cartoonish to be Victor in my opinion, though Victor's now a parody of a once interesting character. Brad Bell has no idea how to create great characters like his father did.  Brooke's family, the Logans, were like B&B's version of the Fosters, though with one brother and several sisters.

Archived