B&B: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Sheila's story is stupid too b/c all her crimes were basically whitewashed. She assimilated back into the fold too fast for me. Where is Taylor, who she shot? Why is Ridge tolerating her after she caused the "death" of Taylor and nearly killed him in the jungle? 

It also further makes Eric a dolt to the audience. We all know at this point that Ridge/Quinn are gonna bump uglies, and Sheila is gonna get what she wants. So cliche. 

I would've found Sheila's return much more interesting if she used her daughters to weasel her way into the Forrestor's lives instead. Why not have Erica go for Rick again? Why not have Mary target her half-brother, Ridge, and pry money out of him, or have them compete for Massimo's fortune. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ridge doesnt tolerate Sheila. He's one of the few that actually opposes her. Eric doesnt deal with  him anymore, so he doesnt listen to Ridge when it comes to Sheila. Also since Ridge barely goes to the mansion, he doesnt interact with her, so he isnt shown as tolerating her

Please register in order to view this content

Yo she got a new wig! Are we REALLY still dealing with this Lizzie baby mess? Maya aint sh-t trying to ship her off to Paris

Zende is seen once a month....they cant give him a haircut before he gets on camera?

CJ is ridiculous. Now that the building is burned, he wants to sell and make good money. You denied the initial offers. Take the lower offer you are now presented with

Liam is being annoying as hell.

• Members

Did I really read right? Myrna sees Lizzie/Wigole bond for a moment - 2+ months after the story was killed and now Myrna wants to ship Zombie/Wigole to Paris. Is that really the best he can do based on the casting news? Seriously for Brad going to extreme lengths to be PC (and ruining Myrna), how the heck does this overreaction make the character look good in any light? 

I so miss those months of Myrna and C2 trading snarky barbs. Now look at both characters! 

I'm getting real close to stop reading the dailies now. It's just too disheartening that, as @ChitHappens notes is so amazing produced, including some of the most solid sets in soaps, tons of legacy characters, etc. can be so poorly writing and structured. It's not even campy bad - it's just bad.

• Members

Why would Sally say goodbye to Steffy? She knows she doesnt give a damn about her. And her parting gift was her final designs? Why the hell would Steffy want her ugly ass fashion? So she could use it and Sally sue her infringement?

Liam: "Im not blackmailing you." Yes you are! Im glad Bill called him out on his hypocritical ass. Acts like a paragon of virtue but has no problem getting dirty

Bill was so dumb to confess again. I just knew he was being recorded. Bill calling Liam out for having a thing for Sally solidifies that they will get together.

So why is Ridge following through with Rick and Myra's request to ship Zende off to Paris? The only reason he was hired was bc Thomas quit and they were short a designe

• Members

Hmmm. So I stopped by my mom's and I caught part of show:

1. Given substantive material (no triangles), SC is more than capable; 

2. Justin's loyalty pledge - to $B - wasn't that done a few years ago? Did Justin pretend to be someone's ally but was working behind scenes for $B?;

3. Brad continues to undermine KKL by throwing in the 'I know how to make you feel better...' and sax p@rn music. The other Brooke scenes dialogue were quite strong. 

4. Steffy/$B scene was gold. $B showing his humanity and acknowledging he'a become Bill Sr and clearly afraid Lame is heading there. And not the usual OTT. 

Still not enough to get me back, but it was better than I thought. 

• Members

Sheila's 1995 to 1998 return was a good model...she existed and interacted with characters outside the Forrester family for the most part....tou saw her trying to change, bit being her own worst enemy...eve saw her being a victim during the gas light story.

Perhaps have Sheila interact with the Spectra clan or something...shoe she's changed and people let ther guard down and then she strikes

How right that young characters now are too focused on babies and marriage.  The original Donna and Katie weren't so much....in fact, the Donna stiry done in 1988/89 could be done but with the internet instead of a magazine.

Archived