Nothin'ButAttitude

B&B: September 2017 Discussion Thread

Sheila's story is stupid too b/c all her crimes were basically whitewashed. She assimilated back into the fold too fast for me. Where is Taylor, who she shot? Why is Ridge tolerating her after she caused the "death" of Taylor and nearly killed him in the jungle? 

It also further makes Eric a dolt to the audience. We all know at this point that Ridge/Quinn are gonna bump uglies, and Sheila is gonna get what she wants. So cliche. 

I would've found Sheila's return much more interesting if she used her daughters to weasel her way into the Forrestor's lives instead. Why not have Erica go for Rick again? Why not have Mary target her half-brother, Ridge, and pry money out of him, or have them compete for Massimo's fortune. 

20 hours ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

I think we've all been saying for years on here that B&B doesn't write young people how they are nowadays. As aforementioned, this show is stuck in the 70s, and it debuted in '87. Hell, looking at older episodes on B&B, the young characters are far more progressive than now. 

None of them should be married or latched to one person. Marriage shouldn't slip out of any of their mouths until they are thirty-something. 

RJ and CoCo should be involved in high school type stories. As I keep saying with all soaps, the head writers need to go watch clips of Degrassi: New Class on what type of relevant stories they should be telling for young teens. One story that Brad could easily tell is for a bitter, forgotten, and neglected Jack to come back drive a wedge between CoCo and RJ. I agree too that RJ gives off vibes that he is gay. At least make him bisexual (or pansexual) and for Jack to expose him. That'd give Ridge and Brooke a viable story as one parent accepts RJ's sexuality while the other one struggles with it. Personally, I think Ridge would have a problem with it as Ridge was known to be a big, macho manwhore at the inception of the show. For him to fret that RJ is sexually active (much like him), but with women AND men would be compelling. 

Nicole should not be having baby fever at her age. She would be much more compelling to watch if she reverted back to her original dream of being a model much like Maya. That should propel Zende into Sasha's orbit, who tends to his needs. 

Sasha should be back being Brooke 2.0. and bedding all things Forrestors. She should be screwing Zende and Thomas secretly, and Steffy should be the Stephanie to Sasha's Brooke. 

Wyatt bedding Katie could've been interesting had there been stakes. Going back to Katie & Bill's divorce, it should've been messy with shares being at stake. Karen should've bitterly given Katie all her shares, and then Bill should've lost a portion of his shares in the divorce giving Katie control of Spencer. Out of spite, Katie should've engaged in the affair with Wyatt to stick it to Bill and Quinn, but she eventually falls for him. However, Katie's tryst with Wyatt should've been discovered by Ivy (give her something to do), who has grown to like Wyatt & decides to blackmail Katie into either giving Bill back his shares or signing them over to her. Katie then could've reneged and been exposed to Bill and Quinn. A nice morality or fraternization clause needed to come into play to create more of an obstacle for Wyatt and Katie. Just something!

And Maya's transgender story could've written itself for years. Someone on this show needs to oppose Maya's decision and wreak havoc for her. It is sad how this show took the easy, politically correct route. If they truly wanted to make waves, someone should've given Maya hell, which would've made more of an impact. Instead, they made everyone accept Maya and now all is forgotten. 

I love it

11 hours ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

Sheila's story is stupid too b/c all her crimes were basically whitewashed. She assimilated back into the fold too fast for me. Where is Taylor, who she shot? Why is Ridge tolerating her after she caused the "death" of Taylor and nearly killed him in the jungle? 

It also further makes Eric a dolt to the audience. We all know at this point that Ridge/Quinn are gonna bump uglies, and Sheila is gonna get what she wants. So cliche. 

I would've found Sheila's return much more interesting if she used her daughters to weasel her way into the Forrestor's lives instead. Why not have Erica go for Rick again? Why not have Mary target her half-brother, Ridge, and pry money out of him, or have them compete for Massimo's fortune. 

That would be the logical thing to do

Juliajms   
15 hours ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

I wonder if we'll ever see Taylor again.  I get the impression that something happened behind the scenes and we might not. 

On 9/5/2017 at 1:25 PM, ChitHappens said:

I don't even watch anymore. 

Same....and I don't miss it either. Bradley Bell ran this soap to the ground and it hasn't recovered. It is a joke of a soap. So glad I stopped watching. I am down to just Days of our Lives as I have also stopped watching Y&R.

4 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Same....and I don't miss it either. Bradley Bell ran this soap to the ground and it hasn't recovered. It is a joke of a soap. So glad I stopped watching. I am down to just Days of our Lives as I have also stopped watching Y&R.

To have a soap that still spends money with good sets, locations, great wardrobe, etc is very rare.  Bold squanders all of this!

Cheap21   
20 hours ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

Ridge doesnt tolerate Sheila. He's one of the few that actually opposes her. Eric doesnt deal with  him anymore, so he doesnt listen to Ridge when it comes to Sheila. Also since Ridge barely goes to the mansion, he doesnt interact with her, so he isnt shown as tolerating her

muUuQwt.png

Yo she got a new wig! Are we REALLY still dealing with this Lizzie baby mess? Maya aint sh-t trying to ship her off to Paris

Mot1qfO.png

Zende is seen once a month....they cant give him a haircut before he gets on camera?

CJ is ridiculous. Now that the building is burned, he wants to sell and make good money. You denied the initial offers. Take the lower offer you are now presented with

Liam is being annoying as hell.

Edited by Cheap21

8 minutes ago, Cheap21 said:

Ridge doesnt tolerate Sheila. He's one of the few that actually opposes her. Eric doesnt deal with  him anymore, so he doesnt listen to Ridge when it comes to Sheila. Also since Ridge barely goes to the mansion, he doesnt interact with her, so he isnt shown as tolerating her

I am waiting for Eric to divorce Quinn and marry Sheila. Ridge realizes what a good person Sheila is and kisses her too. Just watch!  It's going to happen!!

10 minutes ago, Cheap21 said:

Liam is being annoying as hell.

He's always been annoying. When has he not been?

Cheap21   
5 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

He's always been annoying. When has he not been?

When he's a side character which isnt the case now that they have brought him into the storyline

Did I really read right? Myrna sees Lizzie/Wigole bond for a moment - 2+ months after the story was killed and now Myrna wants to ship Zombie/Wigole to Paris. Is that really the best he can do based on the casting news? Seriously for Brad going to extreme lengths to be PC (and ruining Myrna), how the heck does this overreaction make the character look good in any light? 

I so miss those months of Myrna and C2 trading snarky barbs. Now look at both characters! 

I'm getting real close to stop reading the dailies now. It's just too disheartening that, as @ChitHappens notes is so amazing produced, including some of the most solid sets in soaps, tons of legacy characters, etc. can be so poorly writing and structured. It's not even campy bad - it's just bad.

Cheap21   

Why would Sally say goodbye to Steffy? She knows she doesnt give a damn about her. And her parting gift was her final designs? Why the hell would Steffy want her ugly ass fashion? So she could use it and Sally sue her infringement?

Liam: "Im not blackmailing you." Yes you are! Im glad Bill called him out on his hypocritical ass. Acts like a paragon of virtue but has no problem getting dirty

Bill was so dumb to confess again. I just knew he was being recorded. Bill calling Liam out for having a thing for Sally solidifies that they will get together.

So why is Ridge following through with Rick and Myra's request to ship Zende off to Paris? The only reason he was hired was bc Thomas quit and they were short a designe

8 minutes ago, Cheap21 said:

Bill calling Liam out for having a thing for Sally solidifies that they will get together.

I guess Liam has to save another female. She hasn't been able to smell the beautiful fart that is Liam. Let me take some time now to roll my eyes. This is why I never took seriously his love for Hope or Steffy.

Edited by Soapsuds

SFK   

DAMN! :o

That ending.  I let out an, "Ooohh!" like the woman in this video:

Hmmm. So I stopped by my mom's and I caught part of show:

1. Given substantive material (no triangles), SC is more than capable; 

2. Justin's loyalty pledge - to $B - wasn't that done a few years ago? Did Justin pretend to be someone's ally but was working behind scenes for $B?;

3. Brad continues to undermine KKL by throwing in the 'I know how to make you feel better...' and sax [email protected] music. The other Brooke scenes dialogue were quite strong. 

4. Steffy/$B scene was gold. $B showing his humanity and acknowledging he'a become Bill Sr and clearly afraid Lame is heading there. And not the usual OTT. 

Still not enough to get me back, but it was better than I thought. 

Sheila's 1995 to 1998 return was a good model...she existed and interacted with characters outside the Forrester family for the most part....tou saw her trying to change, bit being her own worst enemy...eve saw her being a victim during the gas light story.

Perhaps have Sheila interact with the Spectra clan or something...shoe she's changed and people let ther guard down and then she strikes

How right that young characters now are too focused on babies and marriage.  The original Donna and Katie weren't so much....in fact, the Donna stiry done in 1988/89 could be done but with the internet instead of a magazine.