B&B: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Decided to start it since no one had already, and I needed to rant after today's episode. 

Why the h*ll did Brad make all of that a fantasy?! All that good drama that occurred in that scene and it was ripped away in a millisecond. 

Also, I am so over soaps and all the characters being morally corrupt. All the stunts that Bill has pulled & Liam snitching on him, and the one time he needs to snitch he doesn't? Instead, he wants to use the secret to gain leverage over Bill? This is some crap. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm at the point where I am tuning out again, and will just keep up via here. 

And then for Steffy's trout-mouthed a** to not allow Liam to tell Thomas the truth (for real this time) b/c he needs to be with Caroline was pathetic. Can soaps join us in the 21st century? What early 30 year old woman would say that? Most sisters would tell their brother to not be with either chick and just do his co-parenting duties. I hate how they write these shows like it is still 1970. 

• Members

I caught the very end - didn't see Friday.  Steffy is a self serving *itch.  How she can even reason letting her brother go through mental torture is ridiculous....and letting Caroline carry out the lie?  I saw her saying, but do you really want your father in jail?  He's done awful things and gone way too far but we can't say anything.  It's so silly....so you just let Bill run over everyone but, don't say anything? 

I still don't understand - but maybe I've missed it.  Caroline's 2 mothers don't know she's "dying"?  Why does Bill know but not her mothers?  And why hasn't Thomas asked about her "doctor" or why she isn't going or there aren't any medications she's taken?  And Caroline's hair looks like a cat sucked on the ends of it. 

• Members

Now you know that Brad Bell doesn't plot a story all the way through. Instead, he half ass does it. Everything you mentioned was something a sane person would ask or wonder. Also, if Caroline is dying, why isn't Bill and the other Spencers dropping what they are doing and circling around her? That right there would set off a red flag too. 

Also, why isn't Ridge and Rick in this story too? They both loved Caroline at one point too. This story is a f-cking mess. 

• Members

Wow. I'm so glad I'm only 're-capping' now. This is just terrible. Re: Stuffy being C2's champion based on a lie - C2 is the woman who, 'voluntarily' (in the retcon) cheated on Stuffy's father with her brother. Funny how that doesn't seem to be a factor at all. 

You're right about these shows being completely out of touch. As I've said, the Stuffy, DumbAs, Wigole, Zombie, Count WyNot, Lame, etc. group being obsessed with marriage and kids when they have all this privilege - looks, money, high profile fashion/media biz jobs, etc. is ludicrous. Even GayJ/CoCoPuffs seemed destined for a pre-18 marriage ceremony! It was be so easy to create fun, sexy, edgy stories for this group that doesn't involve weddings/kids. 

At this point, I can't imagine a story that will bring me back to viewing intentionally.

• Members

I think we've all been saying for years on here that B&B doesn't write young people how they are nowadays. As aforementioned, this show is stuck in the 70s, and it debuted in '87. Hell, looking at older episodes on B&B, the young characters are far more progressive than now. 

None of them should be married or latched to one person. Marriage shouldn't slip out of any of their mouths until they are thirty-something. 

RJ and CoCo should be involved in high school type stories. As I keep saying with all soaps, the head writers need to go watch clips of Degrassi: New Class on what type of relevant stories they should be telling for young teens. One story that Brad could easily tell is for a bitter, forgotten, and neglected Jack to come back drive a wedge between CoCo and RJ. I agree too that RJ gives off vibes that he is gay. At least make him bisexual (or pansexual) and for Jack to expose him. That'd give Ridge and Brooke a viable story as one parent accepts RJ's sexuality while the other one struggles with it. Personally, I think Ridge would have a problem with it as Ridge was known to be a big, macho manwhore at the inception of the show. For him to fret that RJ is sexually active (much like him), but with women AND men would be compelling. 

Nicole should not be having baby fever at her age. She would be much more compelling to watch if she reverted back to her original dream of being a model much like Maya. That should propel Zende into Sasha's orbit, who tends to his needs. 

Sasha should be back being Brooke 2.0. and bedding all things Forrestors. She should be screwing Zende and Thomas secretly, and Steffy should be the Stephanie to Sasha's Brooke. 

Wyatt bedding Katie could've been interesting had there been stakes. Going back to Katie & Bill's divorce, it should've been messy with shares being at stake. Karen should've bitterly given Katie all her shares, and then Bill should've lost a portion of his shares in the divorce giving Katie control of Spencer. Out of spite, Katie should've engaged in the affair with Wyatt to stick it to Bill and Quinn, but she eventually falls for him. However, Katie's tryst with Wyatt should've been discovered by Ivy (give her something to do), who has grown to like Wyatt & decides to blackmail Katie into either giving Bill back his shares or signing them over to her. Katie then could've reneged and been exposed to Bill and Quinn. A nice morality or fraternization clause needed to come into play to create more of an obstacle for Wyatt and Katie. Just something!

And Maya's transgender story could've written itself for years. Someone on this show needs to oppose Maya's decision and wreak havoc for her. It is sad how this show took the easy, politically correct route. If they truly wanted to make waves, someone should've given Maya hell, which would've made more of an impact. Instead, they made everyone accept Maya and now all is forgotten. 

• Members

The Sheila storyline is above stupid.  They act like viewers are supposed to somehow believe she has something on everyone.  She can blackmail and threaten everyone.  She doesn't have ANYTHING on Charlie, it's so funny.  Her big secret is that she could expose Charlie because he's been TALKING to her and TELLING her a couple of things.  WELL she MANAGED TO LIVE IN ERIC'S HOUSE - so what's the big damned secret that Charlie has talked to her??  Eric HIMSELF has already eaten the Koo-Koo cereal.  It's just so STUPID. 

Archived