Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, most importantly about what is in bold here. 

I don't hate the show right now, but I wish more was happening so it can hold my interest. I like that Y&R is back to doing more business stories as I hated stories about doppelgangers and dog murdering psychos. SSM's tenure has been a boring yet harmless one. I hope Y&R doesn't regress to what the show was with Pratt/MAB/Latham were in charge. It would be nice to have Mal just simply continue to write business stories but as you state add a bit more specifics to them, and up the stakes, keep Sharon grounded, and keep Dina but throw her truly into the mix of things. 

• Members

I'll be the first to admit I've felt negative about the show lately, but I found Friday's episode pretty good. It was mostly because of Dina. Her verbal sparring with both Nikki and Phyllis, just minutes apart, was golden. The deadpan in her voice, not giving Nikki and Phyllis a chance to speak, and raised eyebrows from the Abbott men was spot on. 

I had a good chuckle at Victoria catching Nikki and Jack in the elevator, but more so when Jack handed Nikki a tissue to fix her lipstick.

It was also a Cane-free day. For me, that's a win. 

• Members

I still watch a few times per week (online, of course).

It used to be fun to dissect storylines and see if/how I could come up with something better for existing or imagined stories, even when the show was bad but it hardly seems worth it now.

I got tired of people assuming that any critical thinking meant that you wanted to tank the show. I also got tired of trolls who want to pick fights at every turn for whatever reason.

I just got tired, LOL.

• Members

B&S has one employee who kinda works in the lab... sometimes.

The only place where I see more than three non-related individuals engaging in what can be considered 'work' is at Hilary's gossip show.  

Honestly, I don't know why folks are eager to run Hilary out of town, she's employing more people than practically all of the corporations in GC!

Archived