Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Has Marla Adams shrank that many inches over the years or did the show just film scenes between ED and MA totally different back in the 80's. In those flashbacks she and ED looked to be about the same height and now Eileen looks like she has at least a foot on Marla.

Still don't care about Tessa or Crystal. Is Zack in charge of the whole ring? I saw some scene with he and Alice but barely paid attention.

• Members

The show didn't build up any of these relationships that they need to matter  cause they're crucial to story or they put energy into it but the lack of skill ruined it.  

Neither Abby/Zack, Noah/Tessa, Devon/Mariah, cane/Juliet nor Hilary/Jordan got the attention needed for the story they want to tell. 

Mariah/Tessa and Scott/Abby did get the build. Tessa's acting ruins what they have and Abby's one note shrill writing ruined what they were doing with them.

It's really hard for me to believe how the show wasted the last 6 months doing NOTHING worthwhile in favor of playing this fail Phyllis/Billy/Vikki

• Members

Dina's return (illness and Graham's identity) has been drug out so  long until the interest  in it has all been  sucked out. But she's still the most interesting thing.

Of all the new folks, Ryan Ashton that plays Zack is the best actor.  He's decent looking and has stage presence/charisma. He's pulling his story off. It figures he's the one set to leave the show while AS, CF and DK are the ones in story designed to keep them around. Just tragic. 

• Members

I don't have anything nice to say about the show but this was the cutest and seemed like the exploding fist was an ad-lib because Mishael looked to genuinely crack up. 

The show is so bad these are the little moments of enjoyment I get from it. It's still a longgggggggg time until October 25th and I don't even think the show will get any better then (when Mal starts)

• Members

I fear that the show will see fans are starting to enjoy Phyllis and Hilary as friends and randomly make them hate each other or have Hilary do something to embarrass her on her show. MM and GT have great chemistry together and Hilary desperately needs at least one more friend other than Jack.

• Members

@Vizion thanks for sharing. That scene shows how they've wasted GT during the past 3 years. Phyllis should be feisty and 'sassy.' MM should smile and laugh more often. Phylary as friends would benefit both characters and actors. 

I caught part of Tues US.

1. NAsh should continue to be tested. 

2. MA continues to get my attention when she's on screen. I can't help but watch her

3. I'm wondering if MM/DG are friendly off-screen because I get the same relaxed vibe during MM/CK. Even though Hilary is 'enemies' with both Cane/Lily, the scenes have more of a frenemy rather than hateful tone. Maybe it's just me. 

4. Do they have to make Lauren dumb to push Phyllis uncovering the sales game? How about Lauren agreeing with Phyllis that the numbers aren't right? Otherwise, Lauren is not the smart biz woman we've always seen and maybe that's why Fenmore's collapsed in first place.  Perhaps if Lauren used a tablet instead of a 24-inch laptop.... 

Archived